370 at Wolverhampton

machineman1

Went to see a 350 the other day, and they had a 370 demonstrator. I didn't drive it but fired off a couple of pics for you guys.

This was at Westway Nissan Wolverhampton and the tyres were shot :surrender:

Anyhoo, it's true what others have said about the white bumpers not matching the rest of the car, and I can't see this changing for customer cars, but I did like the pearlescent finish with the purple flecks in the sunshine.

DSC00170800x600.jpg

DSC00166800x600.jpg

DSC00171800x600.jpg

DSC00169800x600.jpg

DSC00168800x600.jpg

Ok now I'm getting VERY worried!! :scare:

I love the 370 and in white I think it looks sweet with the speckled pearlescent finish, so much so that I ordered a GT with Nav which is due on 1st September.

However I am now getting seriously worried about the paint match issue, The Demo car that I drove had the problem and I was assured by the dealer that it would be sorted on customer cars which alayed my fear a bit, but since I have seen it on 2 other white 370's and on a 60k GTR! If they cant get it right on that what chance have I got!

Anyhow I have called Nissan (GB) Customer service and expressed my concern that on a 31k car I shouldnt be worrying about blo+dy paint matching, they have given me a reference number and said that when the car comes if there is an issue then they will sort it out.

Im just getting so worried about it now cos it will drive me mad if the match is pants, so much so that i'm considering swopping to Red, but dont really want to! I have only paid a very small deposit, so advice please guys!!

Where do I stand if, when the car comes the match is pony, do I not accept it and hand over any more money until its sorted, as me thinks that it will be easier to get sorted before i hand over the £££

The dealer did say that a lot of manufacturers struggled with paint match since the advent of the new paint legislation, but to be honest i haven't noticed it be an issue for the likes of Audi, Ford or anyone else for that matter.

Am i just over worrying :wacko:

No you aint over worrying. If it isn't matching you simply don't have to accept it.

+1

Cant understand how the match can be so bad and i dont see it changing for customer cars either. Its not like its a new science painting a plastic bumper. :wacko:

If its not right now i dont see how it can be later.

Sorry Matt and anybody else whose ordered a white 370, I didn't mean to upset anyone :console:

Tbh it wasn't that bad and not something that personally bothered me, I am much more bothered about the awful orange peel effect you see on some darker coloured 350s.

Colour matching problems between plastic bumpers and bodywork has been going on for years on all makes of cars and new paint legislation has not helped, but I would be more pi**ed at crunching gears or clicking rear axles.

Nothings perfect these days, not even at 30K. I wouldn't worry about it now, see what happens when it's delivered.

PS. White is a stonking colour for the 370 and me and my missus are very jealous. :thumbs:

No worries mate. :D

I did notice it straight away on the one at Holdcrofts Tbh, so to hear that it perhaps wasn't too bad on the one you saw helps...suppose i'll just have to see how it arrives...cant wait for it to come but just want it to look the dogs which in my opinion it does, and not have a "but" due to the paintwork if you understand where im coming from.

• 2 months later...

Just recieved my 370z yellow and am dissapointed wihe the colour match...the bumpers are okay but the rear spoiler, A pillars, wing mirrors and fuel filler cover are a very poor match...

Under street lights they look a completely different colour, more of an orangey/mustardy colour.

I did try tking some pics with my phone but it didn't show the difference...I will be contacting the dealers tomorrow so i'll keep you all updated...

:scare: