370Z theme for this forum!

Chesterfield

Just to advise, you can now have a 370z style applied to the forum if you so wish.

Enter your user control panel (top left under the logo), then visit "board preferences" - you will then see an option entitled "board style". If you set this to 370Z, you will now notice changes to the header logo and car. Hopefully this will make the future 370 owners feel at home :)

You may also access the forum by using the URL www.370z-uk.net (please note the address is .net, NOT .com)

As and when the 370 numbers begin to rise, we will be discussing in the team how best to make changes in order to support the 370 owners. We wish to remain faithful to the 350Z, and we need to be careful not to dilute any of the 350 community that has been established here, but yes in short we will be looking to provide just as great a home for the 370 ownes as we do for the 350 ones.

The board preferences; how difficult would it be to be able to set the board to reflect different Zed colours at the top? More as a way of customising your own page. Or is that a silly idea?

Not a silly idea, but it may take some doing. The easy way is to create a theme for every 350z colour and a theme for every 370z colour - this would result in a large number of themes to select from. The other is looking into having a flag in a users personal prefference dictate the image at the top right. This is an awful lot more complex, but would require less space and ultimately less modification on the server.

May take some time, but it would be a nice touch I suppose in the future.

The board preferences; how difficult would it be to be able to set the board to reflect different Zed colours at the top? More as a way of customising your own page. Or is that a silly idea?

Not a silly idea, but it may take some doing. The easy way is to create a theme for every 350z colour and a theme for every 370z colour - this would result in a large number of themes to select from. The other is looking into having a flag in a users personal prefference dictate the image at the top right. This is an awful lot more complex, but would require less space and ultimately less modification on the server.

May take some time, but it would be a nice touch I suppose in the future.

I'm happy with the colour :thumbs:

I just set the 370z theme for this subforum so it should now automatically defualt to 370z-uk.net header image but elsewhere it will remain as 350z-uk header image for those who have lef the board preferences as 350z

Nice isnt it. :teeth:

We are hoping to add the functionality to choose a global header based on your car model when joining the club. That way you can have it set to reflect your ownership.

As for it reflecting the exact colour of each individuals car, that may take a bit of doing :lol::headhurt:

I noticed that change when reading about the 'discussion' behind the domains. Caught me by surprise but looks very good.

A large amount of posts on here are not 350 specific, so shouldn't be a problem when the 370 owners arrive. I'm looking forward to seeing all the new cars and what mods can be done to them.