iPhone and Bose - How do I connect???

Im the proud owner (1week) of my 56-2007 350z GT Roadster, it has the bose sound [non mp3] which i wanna keep... I wanna use my iphone 3Gs as a sound source - any one got an easy solution?? - Ive checked out stereo bluetooth cassette adapters, however no one seems to make one any more... Im not stressed about spending money if there is an easy solution... Thanks

If you want proper quality, then you can't keep the Bose. You can use a cassette adaptor which sounds utterly useless, or you can try a stereo transmitter (I used to have the Monster one) which kept dropping signal due to the location and size of the Zed's aerial), or you can suck it up and bin the Bose for something far better. I really didn't want to get rid of mine either, but after a year of faffing around with sub-standard equipment I bought myself a nice Alpine headunit and haven't looked back since. Seriously, if you want to connect an MP3 player then do it properly, don't waste money on crap solutions like I did :(

And welcome along! :bye:

Since no-one has ever seen/heard it fitted, I don't think that's anything I'd personally consider :)

I know what you mean. It is a Nissan OEM product though..............that does not mean it's any good though :yahoo:

I know where your coming from... on my driveway right now is my old astra turbo cab which im selling, and its got my quite new alpine touchscreen DVD mp3 screen sitting in it, which i know i could swap over, or sell and replace with a double din slot one... but i suppose because the 350z is so new to me and i've saved so long to buy it... i just cant face [yet] removing the head unit & getting the bose sub etc to work with an alpine or after market screen, i would just like to find a quick solution so i could save the fuss of buring my mp3s onto cds to play in the car... if i'm honest i'd imaging 6 months from now the bose will be gone and there'll be an alpine in the dash, just would be nice to have a stop gap so i can save the effort of burning cds everytime i wants some new tunes in the car...

Looks like the astras gonna go for not much cash anyway, so your prob right... i might take it out this week... supposed at least then i'd have it there to sell or install at a later date then...

Will look into the line in kit from nissan also... sounds good if its a quick install??

Good evening 350z,

I was pretty much in your shoes up to a few days ago.

I bought my 54 zed after much saving and loved the bose but wanted to connect my iPhone rather than having the cd changer full and loads of cd's lying around.

I did have for a time a pretty good fm transmitter that I got from halfruads, it charged the iphone as well so it was an added bonus for me really.

But I just got annoyed with it and did as the others here are suggesting and got a new double din unit put in.

I opted for the pioneer AVIC-F310BT, which I am very pleased with, although it took some time to fit properly and the facia had to be made on the day as the unit is still pretty new, but I love it now, and defo dont regret having it put in.

Just box up the old unit and keep it safe!

Welcome by the way, you enjoying your car?

Si