350Z Mapped on Stock ECU, Graphs inside!

RSTuning

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice replys from all guys.

RS, not wishing to pull things apart, just wishing to discuss as this whole thing with the Nissan ECU is still a bit of a dark art from the way it works and why the settings are like they are, obviously to control the emmissions to get it into a lower bracket to increase car sales! There was lots of talk before you guys came on these boards and am sure there will be more to come until there is a solution that comes along that is both proven and also cost effective!

I think also what people forget about is its about their initial numbers... I havnt seen many cars that have come in at 276bhp on the dynos and there is a huge varience in numbers.. Unfortunatly not many of us have the opertunity to change CAI's, zorsts, manifolds etc etc and mix and match these items to see what gives the best results. Of course as there is a difference between lots of the cars then it stands to reason that an AEM CAI would make more difference on one car than it does on another!

The difference between the numbers between the UK and JDM cars go a way to proving this and it would be interesting to know the numbers and the variables that are set between them.

As for giving out the information, ie RS getting Ian's car in with the Nismo ECU and then publishing the differences between that and stock, to us may be slim as you are tuners and the information gleened is where you earn your money. That wasnt a pop, it was just reality! Trade secrets and all!

Keep up the good work guys, looks like your making headway and hope you can break that 300 (ATW of course!!!!) barrier on a UK car soon :thumbs:

As for the octane, i believe he was running vpower, this does not mean he can't run 95 if really needed because the ECU has excellent detonation protection built in, including a second advance map if any det occurs.

So basically the ECU will still retard timing based on knock regardless of what map is uploaded to it? That's very good to know, and certainly puts my mind very much at ease.

Sorry if it's come over that people are trying to pull you apart guys, as 3FiddyZ says I think it's more that we're interested as enthusiasts rather than calling BS on anything you've said.

Sorry if it's come over that people are trying to pull you apart guys, as 3FiddyZ says I think it's more that we're interested as enthusiasts rather than calling BS on anything you've said.

Yep, totally agree. I for one am grateful that a decent tuning company has finally decided to address to stock 350z ECU. Whilst I'm sure RSTuning will do well out of it, it will save us lot a hell of a lot of money and headaches too. You really don't want to run an aftermarket ECU unless you have to IMO. And you're not a million miles away from Manchester either! :thumbs:

Do you guys do servicing etc too or are you purely tuning?

Yep, totally agree. I for one am grateful that a decent tuning company has finally decided to address to stock 350z ECU. Whilst I'm sure RSTuning will do well out of it, it will save us lot a hell of a lot of money and headaches too. You really don't want to run an aftermarket ECU unless you have to IMO.

+1 - we're not trying to disect it or call it BS, its the first time we have someone who can acutally back up their claims of tuning in the UK and have knowledge first hand of how it all works. We're heard rumours for over 5yrs now of what the std ECU does and doesnt do, but never had any proof, now you guys are able to help us prove it either way :thumbs:

Sorry guys i think i came over a bit harsh before :)

Of course this is very early stages of mapping these but essentially full access to the ECU is possible via several methods. I am sure some won't gain as much and some will gain more. In terms of is this the limit i think maybe not so i will continue to better the map on this car when time allows. Next week is the true test as we are mapping a supercharged one on the OE unit.

In terms of other things we can offer.. at the moment we are concentrating mostly on the mapping so servicing and other general work is sent to my fathers garage only 3 miles from here. We are however trying to move into the bigger unit next door as this will allow much more workshop space (only one 2 poster at the moment).

I'm looking forward to further development on the mapping as i prefer a challenge!

I'm sure we will collect some very useful info in terms of dyno plots etc.

this is looking good, thanks fo rall the info and the patience to go through all these posts ;) this forum can some times be like an over enthusiastic girlfriend - loads of questions with out breathing almost too much info to take in at once and reply too.

i look forward to seeing how this progresses especially after you have seen a few more cars go through. its a long drive up for me.

this is looking good, thanks fo rall the info and the patience to go through all these posts ;) this forum can some times be like an over enthusiastic girlfriend - loads of questions with out breathing almost too much info to take in at once and reply too.

i look forward to seeing how this progresses especially after you have seen a few more cars go through. its a long drive up for me.

+1 - we are easily excitable sometimes :lol:

Supercharged one is sat on the dyno at the moment, so far we are on run 50 or so with most of today spent in steady state mapping.

The best run so far has been 405hp but i was not happy with the fairly lean afr so had to add a little more fuel which resulted in 399hp

The curve is fantastic with a peak torque figure of 330lbft and an almost perfect straight power curve!

I'll post a graph tomorrow but so far so good :)

Just have the very light load to map as it's a little rich but nearly there, nothing like jumping in at the deep end with the uprev software haha.

Handles it really well actually, to be fair to the uprev guys have done a great job with their development so it helps loads when you fit 60lb injectors and a pump! Nice enough to re-scale so that's a bonus. The MAF is only JUST maxing out at 6500 so that's all good too :)

Found a graph from another DD where a SC one was mapped, i'm VERY pleased with how our's is looking :)

A supercharger on the stock ECU - brilliant! :lol: I'm amazed the stock ECU can handle positive pressure actually, I'd assumed it would only be geared up for NA use. Can't wait for the graph! B)

I was running my ATI C2 Procharger Supercharger on a stock ecu around 3 years ago. ;)

Impressive torque!

As soon as my new clutch is fitted I'll be in touch with you again for a tuning session.

I've got the common pop-charger intake, flowed exhaust and plenum changer mods so we will see if you can squeeze anything extra out an engine with those bolt-on bits.

That should keep a lot of inquisitive guys here happy :)

Awesome, bet that things leaves creases in the road! :lol:

Is it a stock bottom end then? What rev limit did you go with? When you say the MAF is maxing out at 6500rpm, do you mean with the pressure it can measure? If so could it be an issue in winter as I assuming the SC might make a bit more boost then?

Impressive torque!

As soon as my new clutch is fitted I'll be in touch with you again for a tuning session.

I've got the common pop-charger intake, flowed exhaust and plenum changer mods so we will see if you can squeeze anything extra out an engine with those bolt-on bits.

That should keep a lot of inquisitive guys here happy :)

Will be good to see what comes from the mods and mapping :)

Is it a stock bottom end then? What rev limit did you go with? When you say the MAF is maxing out at 6500rpm, do you mean with the pressure it can measure? If so could it be an issue in winter as I assuming the SC might make a bit more boost then?

It's raining here and i can assure you second is no fun at all!

The car is totally standard bar a decat and the charger. RPM limit is set to 6700 instead of 6600.

It's not a massive issue with the MAF as like i say it is only just on the limit very high up, it measures air flow not the actual pressure but you are right it will flow slightly more in the winter. Ideally any boosted setup needs a custom MAF which can be scaled in the ECU.

Paul

hi all

been running my car that was remapped by paul at rs tunning and the car is great :clap: it is well worth the pennies to get it done the car drives with more response power and deristricted paul has some pictures of my car getting it done which he can show you and also the results from the remap so all i can say is get yourselfs to rs tunning in leeds and pay paul a visit you won't be disappointed !

many thanks to paul murray :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

hi all

been running my car that was remapped by paul at rs tunning and the car is great :clap: it is well worth the pennies to get it done the car drives with more response power and deristricted paul has some pictures of my car getting it done which he can show you and also the results from the remap so all i can say is get yourselfs to rs tunning in leeds and pay paul a visit you won't be disappointed !

many thanks to paul murray :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Had mine done yesterday and over the moon with my figures now!!!

Thats quite interesting, do you know what the supercharger was? Vortech?

Any ideas on how long he has had it on there? Usually, with the Vortech, you are supposed to have installed a piggybag called the SplitSecond box that is comes with.

im considering FI options myself, but weighing up the cost/benefit/risks

cheers

Jamie

It's raining here and i can assure you second is no fun at all!

The car is totally standard bar a decat and the charger. RPM limit is set to 6700 instead of 6600.

It's not a massive issue with the MAF as like i say it is only just on the limit very high up, it measures air flow not the actual pressure but you are right it will flow slightly more in the winter. Ideally any boosted setup needs a custom MAF which can be scaled in the ECU.

Paul