The 350Z Driving Experience?

Tricky-Ricky

Thanks for the warm welcome, for my next question i would like to ask anybody who had owned a turbocharged performance car before owning a 350Z just what differences in particular they noticed when

they changed, obviously the turbo punch is going to be very noticeable at first, but what are the good and bad points? am i going to be hugely disappointed?

Yes i know i need to drive one really, so i am looking for somewhere that has one for sale that i can take out for a test drive.

The acceleration will seem very lack luster, but just make sure you keep an eye on the speedo, 3 figure speeds are very quickly reached! Its very surreal to start with. Best fun is when you get it up and onto its feet, it can fly round corners. Dont expect it to be like an Elise or similar though, its very heavy, so feels very planted.

I came from a 1.8T Leon Cupra R.

Zed is a totaly different animal. I do miss the turbo thump but the power delivery is so linear on the Zed it is so much fun just revving the nuts of its. Plus you have the glorious noise, which I swear makes it feel faster. But as others said going to rear wheel drive forces you to become a much more skilled driver, a process which I am thoroughly enjoying.

I did love my Cupra R, but the Zed is a league above. You won't be disappointed if you change.

Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming :)

I know its going to seem desperately slow to start with, as i will be coming from a 500BHP Toyota Supra, i am an experienced RWD enthusiast so that will hold no worries for me, i'm not entirely sure of what the performance figures are? also hoping that consumption will be better than 20MPG (and that pootling around for the Supra, single figures when pushed)

Just want something that can be really pushed on the twisties.

It will easily do more than 20MPG if you dont have a lead foot. For normal driving there is so much of its torque low down you dont need to rev it much. One thing to watch if you've driven RWD before, its that at the limit, its set to understeer. When not driven with commitment it can make it feel a little uninspring. I've found you have to give it a bit of throttle in the corners than you might expect and it balances out nicely :thumbs:

I also came from a Cupra (Not quite the same league as a 500hp Supra though) & I always find the speed quite decpetive, you dont really think your going that quickly untill you look at the speedo

Thanks for the replies so far, keep them coming :)

I know its going to seem desperately slow to start with, as i will be coming from a 500BHP Toyota Supra, i am an experienced RWD enthusiast so that will hold no worries for me, i'm not entirely sure of what the performance figures are? also hoping that consumption will be better than 20MPG (and that pootling around for the Supra, single figures when pushed)

Just want something that can be really pushed on the twisties.

That username rings a bell ;)

Welcome to the forum mate.

You will find the 350 a great car, the like for like performance is about the same as a stock Supra TT, but you'll need a 400hp TT 350Z to compare with a small single Supra :)

Gaz