370 Z IN THE FLESH

Sunny1

Love the rear end though.

Can i ask which dealer you went to?

Is it noticeably faster than your 350z?

J

The dealer was Westways in wolverhampton,

yep it was certainly faster than my 350z, put your foot down and you've reach 80 in

no time.

Paul your right about the spacers need at least 20mm on the rear end.

My local dealer is Marshall in Cambridge and they say its no problem to arrange a test drive. They are also a GTR dealer :D

I had a look at one the other day and thought the interior was streets ahead of the Z33, but wasnt taken by the rest of it really. Wheels are poor, frankly - weak offsets, large arch gaps and not a great design IMO, and it seems to have lost a lot of the simplicity of design of the Z33, which is what drew me to it in the first place.

Ill be taking one for a run soon and will report back, but cant see myself liking it as much as the Z33 :dry:

Hi Beavis - Glad it's not only me, I thought the bumpers looked a different colour - very poor...i was assured by the salesguy that it'll be sorted for when mine comes in september as i have had mine in white (early production model etc)...if it's no better it'll be going straight back to Nissan i can tell you that!!

what did you think of the Test drive then?

Hi Beavis - Glad it's not only me, I thought the bumpers looked a different colour - very poor...i was assured by the salesguy that it'll be sorted for when mine comes in september as i have had mine in white (early production model etc)...if it's no better it'll be going straight back to Nissan i can tell you that!!

what did you think of the Test drive then?

Test drive was put back to Monday now, they did not realise i wanted one :wacko: Will be there at 2pm if your interested in popping down.

Car was been valeted anyhow :lol:

Some more in white. Not impressed with quality of paint work on front bumper(match or the orange peel) :surrender:

Standard Nissan then really. :D

I went to look at a white GT-R last week and the match (or lack of it) between the rear quarter panel and bumper was terrible. I know that the materials are different, but why can other manufacturers make this work and Nissan can't. Bad enough on a £30k car but on a £60k one :scare:

Im gonna be working down south on monday unfortunately or I would have popped down!

I so hope that the match of body and bumper is good when mine comes, i'll be gutted if there is a big difference cos it will bug me like mad!

Where do I stand if it arrives with a shoddy bumper/body match, will Nissan take it back and sort it out?...not a good sign if the White GTR had the same issue!!!

I dont want another colour, got my heart set on white now!

Where do I stand if it arrives with a shoddy bumper/body match, will Nissan take it back and sort it out?...not a good sign if the White GTR had the same issue!!!

I dont want another colour, got my heart set on white now!

Complain like crazy and insist on it getting sorted, but expect several trips to the paint shop before you are happy. Same happened with my TO 350Z.

Don't worry, white will be so last season in another 12 months :)

I so hope that the match of body and bumper is good when mine comes, i'll be gutted if there is a big difference cos it will bug me like mad!

If you haven't paid the full amount already, you've got the whip hand.

Thanks...it sounds like Nissan will sort it out if i'm not happy, i'm just hoping that when it comes there are no issues, the last thing i want on a new car are problems from day one...then again when i first had the 350 I had a load of problems (wheels bubbling, horrendous stone chips/crap paint quality, rear axle creaking :bang: ) and it didn't put me off ordering a 370!

Deposit wise i have only paid a very small amout so like you say bronzee I hold all the cards (or should I say cash) really!

Polarbear - as for white being so last season in 12 months...with a name like Polarbear white should be so your colour!!! :lol:

Off to test drive the 370 a week on Saturday. To the people that have driven it, did the dealer let you out on your own? The last new car I test drove was a Civic Type-R which they left me to drive alone, are Nissan dealers likely to be as trusting?

Off to test drive the 370 a week on Saturday. To the people that have driven it, did the dealer let you out on your own? The last new car I test drove was a Civic Type-R which they left me to drive alone, are Nissan dealers likely to be as trusting?

I think it really depends if you know the people at the dealership. Seems like many moons ago, but when I took a few 350's out for test drives, quite a few times they just flicked me the keys to go play. ;) Not driven the 370z yet though. :lol:

Deposit wise i have only paid a very small amout so like you say bronzee I hold all the cards (or should I say cash) really!

Pleased to hear it. :thumbs:

Hello Everyone. I went to a wedding in hinckley leicestershire this weekend. As I was packing my 350 outside the doors of the hotel a black/ orange seats 370 pulled up behind me for a show off and a chat. He said he used to drive a 350 and had just got the new car. I was over the moon to see one in the flesh. It looks the nuts with the 19s on. He said it was the ultimate edition with all the sat nav and that included. You can now control sat nav using buttons on the steering wheel!! The armrest is now a lovely soft touch material. Id love one.