Dyno results info thread

IanS16

Post your dyno results here

Please keep it to dyno charts, results, pics and vids only - dyno chat here - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040

To keep it clean please include the following:

Model: year and engine type

Mods: engine performance mods only

Dyno: dyno make/type (location)

BHP: WHP / @fly

Torque: ftlb

-----------------------------------------------------

iandyno1-1.jpg

Dyno dynamics @ Weston Performance

2003 VQ35DE engine

Blitz Air Filter

Plenum spacer

Modified lower plenum

ESR Y-pipe

High Flow Cats

Japspeed K1 exhaust (bungs out)

Nismo R tune ECU

th_MOV01299.jpg

Post your dyno results here

Please keep it to dyno charts, results, pics and vids only - dyno chat here - viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26040

To keep it clean please include the following:

Model: year and engine type

Mods: engine performance mods only

Dyno: dyno make/type (location)

BHP: WHP / @fly

Torque: ftlb

-----------------------------------------------------

iandyno1-1.jpg

Dyno dynamics @ Weston Performance

2003 VQ35DE engine

Blitz Air Filter

Plenum spacer

Modified lower plenum

ESR Y-pipe

High Flow Cats

Japspeed K1 exhaust (bungs out)

Nismo R tune ECU

th_MOV01299.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Model: 2003 VQ35DE (JDM)

Mods: Apexi filter, ZEES Exhaust, Haltech Platinum ECU, Custom 'true' dual exhaust, BERK cats, Kinetix SSV Velocity manifold.

Dyno: DynaPack / TDP.ie

BHP: WHP: 265.4 / FHP: 318 (+-5% on WHP)

Torque: 318.5 lb/ft

(Texaco Techron Petrol)

350z-haltech-berk-ssv-true-dual-web.jpg

Quick note: Runs so much better now even though performance figures show a different story, less knocking and more pull on low revs love it! (the fuel map is to die for :bounce: ) :dance:

• 2 months later...

Model: 2005 VQ35DE-Rev up (GT4 Edition no:46 of 176)

Mods: AEM cold air induction intake, K-1 exhaust (bungs on), Japseed y-pipe, Turbo XS UTEC ECU (piggyback), Berk high flow cats, Motodyne MREV 2 & 5/6th isothermal spacer, D1 spec controller

Dyno: DynaPack (hub dyno)

Tuner: Thor racing

HP: WHP: 270 ( = 316 FWHP(@17% drivetrain losses)

Torque: 246.7Wlb (288 FWlb/ft)

Petrol: Tesco 99

004-1.jpg

ipics682.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Went along to a dyno day today with some friends for a final dyno before I join the darkside :evil:

Model: 2003 VQ35DE

Mods: DC Sports Headers, Japspeed test pipes, ichiba y-pipe, gredddy exhaust (stock intake & MD spacer also removed from car)

Dyno: Dastek Dyno/Got Boost Tuning

BHP: 297 ATF/ 242 ATW (Seems a big drivetrain loss to me?)

Torque: 258 lbft

DSC_2835.JPG

DSC_2834.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Took my car in for remapping at RS tuning - Leeds, Paul said to me its the best result he's had so far.

Well pleased with the results, a gain of 25 hp (304.2hp), higher rev to 7250 rpm, more mid torque, 100% throttle

response in every gear, 155mph cap removed. The car has turned into a rocket. Well done Paul & staff

at RS Tuning :clap:

http://img534.yfrog.com/i/dynochart.jpg/

don't know how to upload dyno chart, hope some does.

350z 06 revup facelift. standard runs on v power.

• 2 weeks later...

Model: 2006 Revup

Mods: Popcharger & ESR Y-pipe

Dyno: Dyno Dynamics @ Surrey Rolling Road

BHP: 291bhp at the flywheel - 240bhp at the wheels

Torque: 260ft/lb at the flywheel - 212lb/ft at the wheels

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

dyno3.jpg

Utterly delighted with those results, and a very good basis should I decide to add a spacer, plenum & remap later in the year.

• 1 month later...

Model: 2005 VQ35DE JDM

Mods: Motordyne 350Z 5/16" Basic Plenum Spacer, Induction Kit KN 57-6013, Fujitsubu exhaust, Dyno: Abbey Motorsport (Surrey)

It is true that figures only mean so much, just got my car tuned this morning, gain was only 8HP (for a total on 297BHP) according to Mark@Abbey a pretty good figure, but the car definitely feels sharper, tauter like it "ought to be".

Hard to explain, on dual carriageways it just keeps pulling, engine doesn't rev up any quicker but once is over 4k RPM its noise gets deeper and 'meaner' and it just feels like it means business.

With the traction control off, 1st gear, full throttle (you'll have to plant that foot of yours) will generate wheelspin - that was never the case before the reflash - the increase in torque is quite noticeable.

The whole setup (plenum spacer + uprev flashing) cost me 650 quid -- which is pretty good value I reckon consider that most of the 390 odd quid it costs to remap the ECU goes towards UPREV licensing and Mark spent over 2 hours fine tuning the car. Scott@Abbey reassured me that the next tune up will only charged as labour as the UPREV is already paid - handy if you you want to keep adding mods (next one for me is a Y pipe ;)

WOULD I RECOMMEND IT ??

If you have a spare 400 quid and you are bugged by the fact that your car is not running at its full potential, then YES - the guys at Abbey can help you unlock that extra bit the car's got to give .. and they're a friendly bunch too: I got a free sarnie today ;) If you expecting life changing performance out of your car after an ECU remap without any serious mods then save your cash ...

Im at Brands Hatch in 3 weeks for a track day, cant wait to see how the car feels like out of Druids Corner - will be reporting back.

C

• 5 weeks later...

At last I get to post a dyno report.

2 sets of reports, the first 2 provide analysis after Uprev and Modifications (ARC Induction, Plenum Spacer, XYZ Pipe with Race Cat, De-cat pipes)

The 3rd and 4th charts show the improvements over the uprev - which is boosted by Nitrous at a level of 25 shot. I will be moving to 75 shot before August, where again I shall provide further charts :yahoo:

Charts Uprev:

UprevChart1.jpg

UprevChart2.jpg

Charts Nitrous:

NitrousChart1.jpg

NitrousChart2.jpg

08 roadster HR engine

Nismo air intakes, high flow cats (unknown make), nismo exhaust, nismo LSD

uprev at rs tuning in leeds

shell v power petrol

whp - 340.7 hp

fwhp - 283.1 hp

torque - 290 ft.lb ish

fluel consumption now dreadful

apparently there are more drivetrain losses with the nismo lsd set at the time at 1.5 and 80%. dont know for sure. still looking into it.