Michael Jackson dead

ab350z

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo, this is on a level similar to Princess Di. Everyone will remember where they were when they found out etc...

Also, i know its weird, but I actually feel really gutted but not sure why! :surrender:

Completey agree.

I have 8 tickets to his shows as I never got to see him when I was younger. I am absolutely gutted. :surrender:

A musically incredible man right up to and including the Bad album, but after that he may as well have stopped everything right there. Too many stories, too many second-rate songs, and not even trying to give your kids a normal life doesn't make for a legend in my book. I hope he'll be remembered for the music, but I doubt it.

I feel odd, im not a HUGE fan, however it was him that got me into music, the first concert i went to was his 1997 gig at wembley so i think that is why.

On another note, does anyone want to buy 4 tickets including aftershow party? Make me an offer...

I got a text at 0735 with a MJ joke! I think its pretty distasteful to be honest. The guy had issues but he was very talented and thats what he should be remembered for. Dont forget the upbringing he had either! it was enough to send any one of us round the bend! The only thing that was wrong with him was that he had a child's mind! Im not sticking up for him because i have no idea what he done, i just think he should be left to rest in peace!

Ps, Diana was no angel! she was just remembered for the right reasons!

Great Loss. Adieu Jacko :byebye:

He should be remembered for his enormous talent and achievements. there were a lot of rumours and litigations and he was never found guilty :thumbs:

i believe he was an oddball but that's not a crime :)

Just to add, Ive removed the jokes thread on this subject, its not really the kind of thing we should have on the forum within 24 hours of the guys death.

Whatever peoples opinions on the man, he has died leaving three children and a lot of grieving family behind.

Hearing some of the Jackson songs on the radio again and waching the performances on stage is good though. Another case of we dont know what weve got until its gone, Im sure his influence on music will be missed.

Just to add, Ive removed the jokes thread on this subject, its not really the kind of thing we should have on the forum within 24 hours of the guys death.

Whatever peoples opinions on the man, he has died leaving three children and a lot of grieving family behind.

Hearing some of the Jackson songs on the radio again and waching the performances on stage is good though. Another case of we dont know what weve got until its gone, Im sure his influence on music will be missed.

well said. :clap: i for one don't want to see distatefull posts on here :thumbdown:

well said. :clap: i for one don't want to see distatefull posts on here :thumbdown:

again +1

:wacko: Far too much media attention on this one for me.... Something wrong with this world...

Some mixed up bloke that sang a few songs over the years and there has been almost 18 hours of coverage...

One of our brave guys who dies or gets shot and injured in conflicts around the world fighting a war that should have ended by now hardly gets a 20 sec mention!

Least it takes the spotlight off expences and the credit crunch for a few days....

:wacko: Far too much media attention on this one for me.... Something wrong with this world...

Some mixed up bloke that sang a few songs over the years and there has been almost 18 hours of coverage...

One of our brave guys who dies or gets shot and injured in conflicts around the world fighting a war that should have ended by now hardly gets a 20 sec mention!

Least it takes the spotlight off expences and the credit crunch for a few days....

I agree that its twisted because one of the 2 hostages that has been released from Iraq (dead) was a friend of mine. The coverage of this has been shocking. The armed forces die almost every day in the middle east and again, the coverage is shocking! But the harsh reality of the whole situation is that soldiers are not roll models, no one wants to join the army if they see that soldiers get killed every day! But everyone wants to be a pop star or a movie star, everyone loves to sing and act like idiots and that's the reality of this. MJ dying will be on the news for the next several weeks and all because it takes the spot light off the things that really matter.....real life!

If you want to start a thread about our war heroes then great, this isn't that thread. :)

The reason MJ has got so much attention is because he had a career spanning 40 years, setting entertainment standards and making millions of people happy. He also ran charities and gave huge sums of money to others. Whether we like it or not, our soldiers are actually shooting another country's people. We should be thankful but it's not exactly going to create a worldwide out pour of emotion....

Princess Di didn't even sing songs but it went on for days. Just the way of the world. And they deserve it IMO. :)