Stig!

SunGodRA

"Do you think it is boring when one person continually wins?" :lol:

That was a classic! I thought Schuey was a pretty good sport, although you could tell some of his answers were very well constructed with all his meda training. He didnt even flinch when Clarkson made the same person winning comments :lol:

"Do you think it is boring when one person continually wins?" :lol:

That was a classic! I thought Schuey was a pretty good sport, although you could tell some of his answers were very well constructed with all his meda training. He didnt even flinch when Clarkson made the same person winning comments :lol:

The best dodge was when he said "My english isnt too good" His English is fantastic!

Glad to see a thread about this, been talking about this all day at work, im with you guys, Schuie ant the Stig, might be one the fact of the FXX plus british grand prix as well. One of my mates was at silverstone on sunday, and apparently the stig was there, his got a picture with him, well standing next to him :lol:. Defo dont think is him though, think of the cost to have him test all these cars,e .t.c.

As has been said already the Stig is Ben Collins for the purposes of Top Gear tests, but it could be Shuey when Ferrari want a hot lap or Hamilton when Maclaren want to take part. As awesome as the FXX is, it's not road legal and as such doesn't qualify for the leaderboard. I would guess that is was on slicks as well to get that time.

As has been said already the Stig is Ben Collins for the purposes of Top Gear tests, but it could be Shuey when Ferrari want a hot lap or Hamilton when Maclaren want to take part. As awesome as the FXX is, it's not road legal and as such doesn't qualify for the leaderboard. I would guess that is was on slicks as well to get that time.

Thats what I thought I expected Clarkson to take it off the board.

Thats what I though I expected Clarckson to take it off the board.

+1 - no way it would get over a speed bump!

Schuey prob not allowed to drive the reasonably priced car because of his Ferrari contract. At Race of Champions he didn't ever do a round in the Aston Martin for the same reason. Shame really, would have been good to see.

I think you will find Schuey is only allowed to drive Ferrari, Fiat etc only cars owned by or associated with Ferrari hence the reason he mentoned the Abarth as his normal car and the Fiat people carrier as his family car.

The only exception I think is the Race of Champions but he was not alowed to drive the Aston as mentioned before.

Good bit of tv and got some interest in Top Gear again.

The FXX sounded great but I love the sound of the Mercedes SLR at full chat on a track, it sounds like an old fashioned fighter plane it sounds amazing :thumbs:

My money is still on Ben Collins.

I read somewhere that Kovakinen was 'The Stig' when the Renault F1 car went round.

I did expect clarkson to take the time off the board for the speed hump rule. IRRC the Aston DBR9 went round slightly quicker :yahoo:

And it had less power!

Schuey is not The Stig. ;) If you are in any doubt, compare a standard photo of The Stig to that of the physique of Schuey..................not even close :drive1

I think there are 3 Stigs actually. ;)

+ 1 - when he walked to the stage he didn't walk like any other stig we've seen walking around in the challenges.

My mate ('s mate) was the stig once when they fired the jag from the Navy ship. They had a competition on board and the winner got to wear the stiggy outfit.