ViS Carbonfiber hood *SOLD*

sub zero

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only concern i have is the rain getting to various engine parts through the vents will the cause any adverse effects, the lotus elise i had before this had vents in the engine cover but not as big as these !

There is absolutely nothing to worry about! Your engine has covers on it anyway....pretty much everything is covered battery, fluids, motor, etc!

hmmm ? after todays down pour the the 3 areas that seem to get the worst of it are Pop charger, oil filler area and MAF sensor don't really want any of these things getting very wet !!

Not sure what you mean by traps ? But i'm going to get some waterproof material on bungees to secure around the bonnet and under it for now as can't fit it in the garage !!

My car lives outside and I havent put the traps on, no problem in well over a year if that helps :)

+1 only issue were slightly rusted bolts on the strut brace

The only rust issues I have had in the engine bay were the bonnet lifters :thumbdown:

My car lives outside and I havent put the traps on, no problem in well over a year if that helps :)

The only rust issues I have had in the engine bay were the bonnet lifters :thumbdown:

Thats because they were crap :lol: My lifters rusted with the OEM bonnet on the car :dry:

:scare:, knock something up bud :thumbs:

Should be ok now with my new bolts ;)