How much??

aka350z

they starting the install next week I believe. If thats the same ex-member we are talking about. might be worth give them a shout :thumbs:

Why? 99% of the members who sign up here & suddenly decide the wasnt a TT setup NEVER see it through ;) TBHif anyone was really serious about going FI they would already know the options & have an idea of costs & where to get it all done IMO ofcourse :)

they starting the install next week I believe. If thats the same ex-member we are talking about. might be worth give them a shout :thumbs:

Why? 99% of the members who sign up here & suddenly decide the wasnt a TT setup NEVER see it through ;) TBHif anyone was really serious about going FI they would already know the options & have an idea of costs & where to get it all done IMO ofcourse :)

I couldn't agree more... If you're going to spend 15k on a car, 15k on FI and then another 3k+ on the brakes and suspension you have to ask if it is really worth it? Don't get me wrong, I love my 350z and I will keep it for longer than most but really... can you justify spending all that cash on a 3, 4 even 5 year old car? What will it be worth when you come to move on??

If you really want 400bhp and you're prepared to spend all that money I would rather have something like this;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1025967.htm

Or a Nobel etc etc.

Just my opinion, I prepare myself for the onslaught :lol:

TBHif anyone was really serious about going FI they would already know the options & have an idea of costs & where to get it all done IMO ofcourse :)

You think that, but a few I have met that have/had TT, I would question if they knew much about it at all before they had it done!

Search button is always your friend though, theres been plenty of talk of all this and the various options. As said before, Alex, Envy, and Martin all have different kits, so try asking them for advice, but only once you know the basics or you'll pee them off!

£15k is very conservative.... make it more like £20k guys... and that's excluding parts not "necessarily related" to the conversion (like brakes and suspension) but including labour and ancillaries related to the conversion (exhaust, clutch etc.)

this is if you want to do it right the first time (and excluding a very highly recommended contingency fund...).

Obviously if you want to gamble even more, just get a SC or TT kit without internal work, and it'll be cheaper, at the expense of the longevity of the std engine parts. And it's not a matter of "if it lets go", it's just a matter of "when".

£20k was the figure quoted to me by Alex to do it 'right' and I have no reason to doubt that.