CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL MAGNIFECENT MAN U Vs BARCA

M350ZB

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd would watch this with friends at their place, although they are not footie fans either, looking for some entertainment.

Well not being up with who plays for who (yes I do know of Rooney and Riggs and they play for MU and I hear they play around elsewhere ), but less that half MU seemed to have 'English' players and frankly if it wasn't for the kits and we hadn't been watching the screen we wouldn't of known which player was on which side by just the names although in our ignorance it would appear Barcelona had a higher proportion of their own nationality? :surrender:

Whatever, clearly the best team won and it just seemed Barcelona with their skills could use 4 or 5 players to drive most of MU back into their own half, keeping ball possession which was a joy to watch, and then pounce with the MU goalie's views often restricted by the mass of his own players. It was interesting to see Fergi's resignation during the second half that his team was clearly outplayed at least he had the decency to admit that at the end.

Now looking forward to watching something I do understand a lot better - the Monaco Gran Prix :teeth:

The poorest players on the pitch were the English ones; Ferdinand, Rooney and Carrick......... :dry:

+1 And last nights match was confirmation that we will never see England win the world cup in our life time.

What is really sad is the so called 'superstars' of English football i.e. £20m+ Gareth Barry & Glen Johnson are not even fit to clean the boots of anyone in the Barca team.

The days of English players in the top European teams are long gone and the money grabbing mercenaries of the English game are to blame.

Anyway back to wondering what highly paid foreign striker Harry will sign :snack:

Michael Carrick as to be one of the most overrated players I've ever come across. Every Saturday we have to listen to Hansen nearly shooting his bolt over him too.

"just look at this. The boy gets in there and intercepts that 50 yard wayward pass to no one........granted he gives the ball away but still........class"

Commentators and Rooney do my swead in too!

"Wayne Rooney smashes one from 25 yards out on the volley.....oooooohhhhhhhhhhh and its gone 5 yards wide.........he is the best, the man, the legend.......no one else can do the things this boy is capable of"

........errrm I'm fairly sure I could spank a ball wide from 25 yards! Fat, bearded, granny knobbing treacherous git.

was routing for united myself, would have been great for the uk team to do it

i cant believe iv read rooney as being one of the poorest players on the pitch...the man ran his bloody arse off all night, a dam shame, got involved with the defending, getting involved in the midfield, and up front, and scored a cracker with what was pretty much the only oportunity of the game... the man was a machine last night

evra vidic and park also played in the same way, was a pity that the rest of the team left that "extra fight" in the dressing room.

valencia was brutal, dunno why he even stayed on so long, or even why he was on from the start.

giggs is one of my favourite players of all time, but he was crap last night too, didnt show any real desire, didnt ever chase the players down

glad van der sar is finally on his way, hes an awkward lanky lookin shite lol. and some of his kicks up the field...wtf!!! cheerio and good riddens ya beam pole!

good game tho, great to watch the pass pass game of barca, altho gets a bit boring when they start fallin over to featherweight tackles