370z Preview Photos...

MITZ@CougarStore

Hey CS, very good pics :thumbs: nice one! We had fun poking and prodding with Rob's(Nissan) approval and understanding. would have been nice to see more zeds turn up ;)

It was nice to see you again and thanks so much for sorting out the purchase and fitting of the Fujitsubo zorst in record time. you are :#1: not to mention the brake lines and pads.

The 370 looks better in flesh than the pics/videos, but there are a few things that i am not impressed with and would not consider one now unless it would have a zele kit and other mods to bring out its true potential which means waiting about 2 yrs for prices to drop to justify modding :teeth:

However the good points:

- superb interior build quality and layout

- better paint quality and more options

- bigger tyres, wider track and bigger brakes B)

- nice alloy design

- bigger displacement engine and better engine bay planning and accesibility

- bigger boot space

- pigeon hole in passenger side

- Nice a--e(rear view)

- though i have not tried it, i think the synchro rev will be a blast :thumbs:

For the bad points IMHO:

- don't like the gapping cat fish mouth(front bumper) :yuck:

- Fussy lights styling. what is it with the Micra hump on the headlights :wacko:

- never been a fan of the standard door handle. should be coloured coded

- The bat wing mirrors with an drag coeff of 1000! ( we were told by Rob this is the new EU law!)

- battery and brakes fluid covers look low rent

- car seats higher

- but the most depressing thing was the lack of voice on start up and iddle :thumbdown::thumbdown: and even when you prodded the loud pedal all you got was some raspiness from the front and nothing from the zorst :scare: it was shockingling dissapointing :surrender:

- Nissan could have gotten 350+ bhp from that lump without trying :thumbdown: talk of taking the fight to the germans!

Overall this i think as an engineering excercise the 370z is and improvement but aesthetically the have tried to appeal to a wider range of buys and just confused the issue and as such the car has no clear identity. from the front arch backwards its very butch but i can't live with that front end.

Once its lowered, slightly spaced out and with the right body kit it will be perfect. Either in pearlescent white or zele orange with black bits of body kit and wheels :p would be my preference.

can't see enough of this:

http://www.zeleperformance.com/media/02 ... 70z-01.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OCnl7C8YM_I/S ... LE_002.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/content/i ... 0-0115.jpg

http://www.justdriven.com/blog/uploads/zele.jpg

Excellent images - superb!

Although the interior is clearly an upgrade on the 350, I still can't understand why Nissan haven't got their act together on interiors.

Am I the only one who thinks the 370's back end looks like the Primera?!

Can see this looking very good in white.

Agree with Martin - will be sticking with my 350.

I think the 370z is more girly than the 350 and think GT4 Zed is right - the car seems too confused trying to be too many things to too many people. Maybe I will change my mind when I see it in the flesh but for now :thumbdown: .

Had a look around one at Japfest last week & really not impressed with it.

I quite like the back end & the interior is much better but I just don't like that front end. if I did trade to one the first thing I would do is fit the Zele kit B)

Lets face it, a 3 year old kid with a meccano set and a tub of playdoh could make a better interior than the one thats in the 350Z so I am not surprised that the interior is an improvement however it still looks very plasticky to me.

That is also a hideous shade of blue, I can't imagine we will see too many of that colour knocking about.

There are quite a few things I like about the car too but its much more fun to pick holes :lol:

Funny that it has an Infiniti Steering Wheel Boss. :headhurt: New 370z's coming off the production line at Tochigi had a 'Z' on the Boss. The Infiniti Boss is probably how Nissan can easily identify the car as a demo one. :D

With it's wider back end, you might find it difficult to get it's arse into your garage at home. :bounce:

Funny that it has an Infiniti Steering Wheel Boss. :headhurt: New 370z's coming off the production line at Tochigi had a 'Z' on the Boss. The Infiniti Boss is probably how Nissan can easily identify the car as a demo one. :D

I'm amazed they still have demo cars out there without the Nissan wheel on. The one we saw at Nissan HQ at the PH Sunday Service had a Nissan wheel :bangin:

No Sir still doesn't float my boat .... like the colour though .

Still want to see one in the flesh but from those pics excellent as they are - its a let down for me. Shame all they needed to do is improve the interior, put decent paint on and a fancy set of alloys and plonk that engine in! Simple!