Lasered Gear Knobs etc

kta

It'll be straight home from work and into my garage to try and get the OEM one off :headhurt:

All going well I'll hopefully get some pictures posted up tonight :thumbs:

When you manage it, a guide would be useful as they look tricky to get off!

There's already a couple of guides floating around, do a search and you should find them.

Have you sold many?

I bought a polished Aluminium one and a keyring they both arrived today. kta's pictures don't do them justice. The gear knob looks B) , it's got a slightly satin finish and the logo really stands out.

As for the keyring B):#1:B) The etching is barely perceptible to the touch but looks the dogs. There is one problem....WHICH SIDE TO LOOK AT?!?!?!

It'll be straight home from work and into my garage to try and get the OEM one off

All going well I'll hopefully get some pictures posted up tonight

Beat you to it.

Excuse the finger in the corner

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

Behold the keyring!!!

PICT0275.jpg

I took a picture of the other side of keyring but it had greasy fingerprints all over it. :bangin:

Have you sold many?

I bought a polished Aluminium one and a keyring they both arrived today. kta's pictures don't do them justice. The gear knob looks B) , it's got a slightly satin finish and the logo really stands out.

As for the keyring B):#1:B) The etching is barely perceptible to the touch but looks the dogs. There is one problem....WHICH SIDE TO LOOK AT?!?!?!

It'll be straight home from work and into my garage to try and get the OEM one off

All going well I'll hopefully get some pictures posted up tonight

Beat you to it.

Excuse the finger in the corner

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0265.jpg

PICT0272.jpg

Behold the keyring!!!

PICT0275.jpg

I took a picture of the other side of keyring but it had greasy fingerprints all over it. :bangin:

Looking good though i say so myself :lol: glad you like em. :teeth:

Gear knob looks great Swarfmonkey !? :blush:

I got mine fitted last night .. only took 5 / 10 mins which was much quicker than I had expected it to :yahoo:

Looks B) Really pleased with it.

Went for the polished Stainless steel with my Reg plate along the top instead of the gear selector pattern.

I'll get some pics posted up on Saturday

Thanks again William , top job :#1:

Gear knob looks great Swarfmonkey !? :blush:

I got mine fitted last night .. only took 5 / 10 mins which was much quicker than I had expected it to :yahoo:

Looks B) Really pleased with it.

Went for the polished Stainless steel with my Reg plate along the top instead of the gear selector pattern.

I'll get some pics posted up on Saturday

Thanks again William , top job :#1:

Key ring and torch arrived yesterday :thumbs: both look B)

Fitted the keyring last night :#1:

Good to hear, thanks very much for buying them, glad you like them :teeth::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

My Stainless version arrived last week and I'm very happy with it :D

I was worried as to how the shape would feel when driving compared the the standard ball shape but I needn't have as its a dream to use. Gearchanges are much more precise which is especially useful for very rapid changes where I occasionally fluffed 4th to 5th. The gearbox has never been bad but now it feels even tauter

Fitting took about 60 seconds and the new knob tightens up and lines up exactly. It is a very professional quality. It's also heavy and this makes for a nice gearchange feel. Gears snick into place very pleasantly.

All-in-all I'm very pleased with what is a 'home-made' item, albeit produced on professional equipment, as it is as good if not better than anything available elsewhere. This apart form the fact that you can have pretty much any design!

IMG_0944.jpg

My Stainless version arrived last week and I'm very happy with it :D

I was worried as to how the shape would feel when driving compared the the standard ball shape but I needn't have as its a dream to use. Gearchanges are much more precise which is especially useful for very rapid changes where I occasionally fluffed 4th to 5th. The gearbox has never been bad but now it feels even tauter

Fitting took about 60 seconds and the new knob tightens up and lines up exactly. It is a very professional quality. It's also heavy and this makes for a nice gearchange feel. Gears snick into place very pleasantly.

All-in-all I'm very pleased with what is a 'home-made' item, albeit produced on professional equipment, as it is as good if not better than anything available elsewhere. This apart form the fact that you can have pretty much any design!

IMG_0944.jpg

Thanks Chris, good to see it in place, glad you like it :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...

Must resist.. cant... hold back... money parting......

Brushed aluminium looks yummy but i dont know if it would feel nicer having the weight of the stainless??

Also i would love to be individual and get something unique on it but im useless, so i'll stick with the lovely ones designed already. So Alu or Stainless? :blink:

Aluminium brushed like this with gear markings ontop is so far my favourite:

satinside.jpg

bear with me while i work up the courage to buy :lol:

Must resist.. cant... hold back... money parting......

Brushed aluminium looks yummy but i dont know if it would feel nicer having the weight of the stainless??

Also i would love to be individual and get something unique on it but im useless, so i'll stick with the lovely ones designed already. So Alu or Stainless? :blink:

Aluminium brushed like this with gear markings ontop is so far my favourite:

satinside.jpg

bear with me while i work up the courage to buy :lol:

People do seem to like the added weight of the stainless but i guess it is a personal decision, stainless is going to be less prone to scratches, (i do put a fine coat of lacquer on the aluminium to help protect it) but then aluminium is cheaper ... i realise i'm not helping with your decision much! :lol:

You could always have a roadtrip to Cheshire and try them out first! :p