Wales 2009 aftermath discussion

Well done to the team for organising a great event, even if i did spend half the drive staring at my speedo, and the other half scanning for camera vans!

Thanks to everyone i had a craic with, even if i had to ask your names 3 times. Special metion to Pimm (It ain't that fast!) :lol: and Mike for the car wash venue.

Thought i did well getting round folk, but i can see i hardly scratched the surface!

Glad to hear Sunset and son are ok too.

Big Applause! :clap::#1:

Not me mate, you must of been hearing things in ya sleep :blush::blush::lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh here we go, forgot to mention the slight north/south divide. Me and James(Shire) being the victims. According to Louis I sound like Mel B and poor James was asked to speak in english! We are both going to have southern nancy lessons for next time! :thumbs:

Well you lot speak some crazy language ooop t'north. If you slow it down a little and pronounce your words properly, normal people will be able to understand you...isnt that right Rob?

Exactly right Louis.

Wher oze gone lad? :lol:

Once again a great weekend. I would like to add my thanks to all that give of their time to organise & oversee the 2 days. How Beavis finds the time between work & poker tournaments never ceases to amaze me. Thankfully the weather at Bala stayed fine & allowed everybody to mingle & inspect the cars. Was gutted to hear of Sunsets accident but thankful that he & his son were ok. It only goes to highlight how careful we all need to be with RWD, especially in poor conditions.

Steve, sorry to hear about your accident, If you need anything you know where I am :thumbs:

Pimm, Sorry I got us a bit lost on the way home :blush:

This was my first Wales drive, I had always wanted to come but had never been available or just couldn't be bothered :blush: but now can't wait for the next one :teeth:

Ian,its all good mate. You cannot beat getting the old map out of the boot over your sat nav any day :p:p I am sorry i never hung around on the M6/M5 but i did put my foot down to get home a little bit quicker. Nice to meet up with you guys :thumbs:

oh here we go, forgot to mention the slight north/south divide. Me and James(Shire) being the victims. According to Louis I sound like Mel B and poor James was asked to speak in english! We are both going to have southern nancy lessons for next time! :thumbs:

Well you lot speak some crazy language ooop t'north. If you slow it down a little and pronounce your words properly, normal people will be able to understand you...isnt that right Rob?

Exactly right Louis.

Wher oze gone lad? :lol:

off put car in garage lad, then off t'pub tplay pool with ma kid and av a brew. :thumbs:

We were getting tuned in by the end Nic, I was even using my 25 letter alphabet with no 'H' in it! :teeth:

Steve, sorry to hear about your accident, If you need anything you know where I am :thumbs:

Pimm, Sorry I got us a bit lost on the way home :blush:

This was my first Wales drive, I had always wanted to come but had never been available or just couldn't be bothered :blush: but now can't wait for the next one :teeth:

Ian,its all good mate. You cannot beat getting the old map out of the boot over your sat nav any day :p:p I am sorry i never hung around on the M6/M5 but i did put my foot down to get home a little bit quicker. Nice to meet up with you guys :thumbs:

We stopped at the services on the M6 for some food so we were miles behind after that :thumbs:

We were getting tuned in by the end Nic, I was even using my 25 letter alphabet with no 'H' in it! :teeth:

Where's James? I reckon us two could take you two easy - we're tough up t'north! :boxing::lol:

A big thanks to Dave and others for organising this weekend. :thumbs:

Thanks to everyone who attended and made the event a success. It was great to meet so many new faces during the wekend. I hope those who attended for the first time enjoyed the event :)

Thanks to the North Wales Traffic Officers for their attendance this morning, we had some positive comments passed on the driver document and I think the chaps enjoyed a good look round the different styles and variations of the 350 at the services. They also provided us with a heads up that as of 1st June, an illegaly spaced number plate is a 3 point and £60 offence, and not just the £30 ticket you get now. So no time like the present to get that sorted. Although the police were out in force on the route we took due to it being very popular with the bikers and drivers on the Sunday, the speeds were never above the limit in the section of the group I was in during the day, so Im hoping there should be no brown envelope surprises for anyone.

The weather looked to be set in for the day soon after we set off, but then 2 miles from Bala and the sun comes out :yahoo:

That made for some great photos at the lake as usual and a dry walk to the restaurant for lunch. The car park at the Sportsmans Arms was racked full of zeds a couple of hours later, and many thanks to the landlord for allowing us to take shelter from the elements for a brief break too.

Very sorry to hear about the accident on the way home, but glad to hear Steve and his son are both OK. A car is just metal and plastic which can be replaced its the people inside and around that matter.

I have a few photos for this meet and billing last weekend that I now need to sort through and get posted up in the gallery, so will do that just as soon as I find the time. :thumbs:

Thanks again all involved :#1:

How Beavis finds the time between work & poker tournaments never ceases to amaze me.

At work now Keith until 7am :scare:

Spending the whole day in bed tomorrow :yahoo:

How Beavis finds the time between work & poker tournaments never ceases to amaze me.

At work now Keith until 7am :scare:

Spending the whole day in bed tomorrow :yahoo:

So thats why you asked me to go back to yours!!!!!! :surrender:

Thanks to the organisers for a great event. :yahoo:

I thought the Driver briefings were excellent even if my navigation wasn't. Missed the right hand U-turn in Festiniog :blush:

It was good to meet new friends and hope to see lots of you at JTS in 2 weeks.

We were 2 cars behind Sunset and as I came off the roundabout he was already in phase 2 of his incident having bounced off the kerb. He wasn't going fast, the car just decided it didn't like heading for Shrewsbury.

Hey guys, firstly a massive thank-you to Dave and everyone else invloved for yet another unforgettable day :thumbs:

Was great to put more faces to names, and to see such a variety of Z's!

Many many congratulations to Mark and April (now Mr and Mrs Squarehead) :yahoo: All the very best for the future, hope to see you both soon

Really sorry to hear about the accident, but at least the main thing is you are both O.K :thumbs:

Will get pics up in the morning and once again thanks for a great day :teeth:

Here I am as well.... an hour and a half from Chester to Hull.... :drive1

For a start sorry to hear about Sunset350... :console:

these things do happen tho and from personal experience as long as you are ok, you can always buy a new car....so no harm done ;)

Well done to everybody...had 3 great days....you all made me feel welcome and from now on i ll try not to miss another meeting again!!! :teeth:

i dont know what Nixy is on about but nobody said anything to me about my Ull-Greek accent and my strong language... :lol:

any way dont listen to the softies Nixy!!! North rules!!!! ;):lol::lol:

Special thanks to madmarky (Mark)...the more than great co-pilot!!! :#1::thumbs:

Excellent notes and guidance...very good company and good fun...cheers luv for the lovely weekend!! :p:lol::lol::lol:

Also thanks to Darren and his lass...Colin and Reece (his son) for the great company :yahoo:

oh and Shire for the cloth!!! B)

Last but not least many thanks to Mike for showing me how to appreciate the evo triangle...it was a bit boring till he became the leader of the pack!!!! :drive1:ninja::#1::boxing::yahoo:

Looking forward to the next wales run now... :boxing::yahoo:

ps Mark dont start asking about the date...if i am posting now it means that it didnt go exactly as expected... :yawn::yuck::thumbdown: :bye: :lol:

Hey all,

Just want to say a massive thank you to all the organisers for such a great day, all be it the weather. And a quick thanks to martin for me sticker ;):lol:. Was a great drive out and i can defo see why it is a must go show/event. Defo up for the next one and looking forward to it.

Looking forward to JTS in two weeks time, and meeting up with you guys again :thumbs:

will get me pics/vids up a,s,a,p

Thanks guys and girls for a great day, zed is filthy now, but overall had an awesome day, a true credit to the 350z-uk club. Awesome :yahoo:

and i think Bullet magnet passed me at some stage but i wasnt really paying that much attention.

wasn't me, I'm still at the Dene, heading home tomorrow.

This was my first meet and I really enjoyed myself.

Sorry to hear about Sunset, but the main thing is nobody got hurt.

Was great arriving at Bala Lake to clear skies and sunshine.

Carvery was yummy for sure.

Will upload pics and vids once I get back.

I got a little game we can play too...

ps Mark dont start asking about the date...if i am posting now it means that it didnt go exactly as expected... :yawn::yuck::thumbdown: :bye: :lol:

That'll explain why you passed us so fast on the M62! :lol:

Hi Guys, can't say too much as i'm really tired now, but on behalf of my son and i, would like to thank you all for your kind comments.

As you can imagine i'm totally gutted after having a really awesome day out, for this to happen. Don't want to say too much about why it happened, but having only 3-4mm of tread on the back tyres does not do anything for your grip on wet greasy roads :scare: Even though the car handled impeccably around the triangle, work that one out???

Before i do fall asleep i have to give a big thankyou to GT4zed (Bennet) for staying with me and helping us get home safely :thumbs: Without his support i would have been totally stranded, you're a top guy Bennet thanks so much, i owe you one :clap::clap::clap:

That'll explain why you passed us so fast on the M62! :lol:

:scare: i had only just slowed down to wave hi....passed one more after you on the way back and Paul just after Chester.... :lol:

Hi Guys, can't say too much as i'm really tired now, but on behalf of my son and i, would like to thank you all for your kind comments.

As you can imagine i'm totally gutted after having a really awesome day out, for this to happen. Don't want to say too much about why it happened, but having only 3-4mm of tread on the back tyres does not do anything for your grip on wet greasy roads :scare: Even though the car handled impeccably around the triangle, work that one out???

Before i do fall asleep i have to give a big thankyou to GT4zed (Bennet) for staying with me and helping us get home safely :thumbs: Without his support i would have been totally stranded, you're a top guy Bennet thanks so much, i owe you one :clap::clap::clap:

Glad your all o.k guys :thumbs:

Tell me about it, as soon as my car stopped committing suicide everyone came running over trying to salvage the good bits :scare: Lucky for me they didn't have a spanner between them :lol::lol:

Only joking. I'm trying to cheer myself up but i should be trying to get some sleep really :console: