BLEEDING BRAKES

breay

• 2 months later...
Just get the wife / girlfriend / mate etc to sit in it with a cup of tea and press the brake - its not rocket science

or borrow a neighbours child to sit on the pedal

wonder if the neighbours dog would do...

Is it well trained? ;)

Just get the wife / girlfriend / mate etc to sit in it with a cup of tea and press the brake - its not rocket science

or borrow a neighbours child to sit on the pedal

wonder if the neighbours dog would do...

Is it well trained? ;)

no and it would probably drool all over the inside :D Think I'll wait until the mss is home :blush:

That makes sense then with the order to do them in that was quoted earlier. I can blame not born on a left hand side driving country :p can someone confirm 100 before I change it around?

I think near side is curb side mate, so I think you've got them back to front :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
That makes sense then with the order to do them in that was quoted earlier. I can blame not born on a left hand side driving country :p can someone confirm 100 before I change it around?
I think near side is curb side mate' date=' so I think you've got them back to front :blush:[/quote']

B=P

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Excellent post... I really should have checked here before heading up to the garage earlier today :wacko:

My mate and I tried to bleed the brakes but didn't realise there are in fact 2 nipples.....

So can someone please confirm that the bleeding procedure is as straight forward as...

1. Fill reservoir with brake fluid

2. Attach hose to nipple (inner first, outer last, or both at same time if your a guru)

3. Pump peddle until all old brake fluid is clear

4. tighten nipple...

I have another question but I'll create a new post as I'm not sure its directly connected to this

Craig

Dont pump... press down twice hold it down on second, open nipple and close... don't let go of pedal, repeat. If you do it to much you'll get air in the fluid....

Have a helper pump two or three times on the pedal and keep pressure on and shout READY. You open the bleed nipple and pedal goes to the floor. When fliud stops coming out tighten it again and shout RELEASE. Helper can then release their foot and prime system again. Repeat that a few times on each side. Very important that while you have the nipples open that the pedal pressure is kept on. Also keep an eye on the resevior, dont let it drop below minimum.

• 2 weeks later...

at work we have a machine that is mains powered, you fill it with fluid, switch it on, connect it to the reservoir, then open the nipples and it bleeds through,

nice and simple, only problem is, it doenst fit over the 350z reservoir!!!!!!!!!!! so ill be making some modifications to it!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Dont pump... press down twice hold it down on second, open nipple and close... don't let go of pedal, repeat. If you do it to much you'll get air in the fluid....

The pic above has one way valves on the bleeder pipes so surely it is a case of just keep pumping the pedal & topping up the reservoir as air can't be sucked back into the system?

• 11 months later...

I've just swapped my standard brakes to Brembos and i've tried bleeding them several times today :rant: They seem to firm up but i start the engine, press the brake pedal and it just sinks to the floor. I start the bleeding process all over again and although i thought i'd got all the air out when i try again it's just like doing it all again for the first time with loads of air coming out again......................what am i doing wrong :surrender:

Dave.

I've just swapped my standard brakes to Brembos and i've tried bleeding them several times today :rant: They seem to firm up but i start the engine, press the brake pedal and it just sinks to the floor. I start the bleeding process all over again and although i thought i'd got all the air out when i try again it's just like doing it all again for the first time with loads of air coming out again......................what am i doing wrong :surrender:

Dave.

Sounds like you may have a leak from one of the pipes/hoses etc unless you are really fooking up with the bleeding process.

Thanks Alex, i did think i may have cross threaded the drivers side brake line (at the point where it fits into the chassis holder) but i couldn't see any leaks and it seemed to go back together ok. After 3 hours of trying to bleed the brakes i did notice a tiny drop of fluid there, would this cause a huge ingress of air?

Thanks Alex, i did think i may have cross threaded the drivers side brake line (at the point where it fits into the chassis holder) but i couldn't see any leaks and it seemed to go back together ok. After 3 hours of trying to bleed the brakes i did notice a tiny drop of fluid there, would this cause a huge ingress of air?

If you have a leak then the pedal will go to the floor mate, especially when you start the engine and the servo kicks in.

Get some one to press the brake pedal while you search for the leak.

• 5 months later...