noisy drivers window

anthony lewis

I thought members in the past have replaced the window seal

The product used to treat the window rubbers is Gummi Pflege :D

Any idea where to find this miraculous stuff? ;)

most BMW dealers should stock it

or ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Einszett-Gummi-Pf ... 240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Einszett-Gummi-Pf ... 24002r8118

Gummi Pfledge isnt the holy grail...

It has lessened my noise somewhat, but no way is it solved.

You need to do the window reset thing, involves taking the doorcard off and putting the windown up and down whilst pushing something on the motor.

do a search on it, but be prepared for a job that takes a while and is fiddly. Will do mine at some point.

I'm going to get mine fixed for free by Nissan. It's a recognised "common problem" and should definitely be covered by the extended mfr warranty if not outside of warranty if the dealer is good. My window seems to go up fine when the door is closed but the rubber seal on the outside doesn't quite cover the top.

You need to do the window reset thing, involves taking the doorcard off and putting the windown up and down whilst pushing something on the motor.

do a search on it, but be prepared for a job that takes a while and is fiddly. Will do mine at some point.

I done a window reset on mine before, and once you know how it's done, it's a 10 min job (honest).

Just be careful not to snap the top door speaker trim like I did, when removing the doorcard.