Hi From RS Tuning!

RSTuning

this looks promising

would be interested to see where this leads.

i;m guessing it would be best to get all engine mods done first before doing this.

Yeah, but get the car dyno'd beforehand too :)

will do, got a place round the corner with all the kit. they use it to tune there tournig car on it. will use there set up as my bench mark to work from.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't hold your breath on this one guys.

We all know the pitfalls, issues and disappointments with the stock ecu's.

I would not want to be the first on this one as full R @ D requires to be carried out and then a period of prolonged real world testing would have to be done.

The OP does not appear to be able or willing to answer some of the most basic questions that have been put to him, so I won't bother with the techie ones.

Avoid at the moment.

Having said all that, welcome to the forum Paul and good luck with the project.

Alex.

I would not want to be the first on this one as full R @ D requires to be carried out and then a period of prolonged real world testing would have to be done.

The OP does not appear to be able or willing to answer some of the most basic questions that have been put to him, so I won't bother with the techie ones.

Avoid at the moment.

Alex.

Sorry, what questions have been asked? Edit: Just seen them now. Sorry i went to bed so could not answer!

The processor used in most of the ecu's fitted to these is the same as fitted in the Megane RS. I wouldn't be so dismissive about this becasue i can assure you it WILL happen.

Hi Guys

Thought we'd pop on and say hi

Hopefully we will have the ability to map the OE ecu very very soon. We currently can support them via JTAG on the bench but this is a fairly risky way to do it!

We will be able to offer a full custom mapping service for all versions. Possibly even an option of switchable mapping! We expect a retail price of about £495 which will be a much cheaper option than the current available haltech etc.

Any questions please ask away.

Paul

Have you actualy done one yet?

Not yet no

this sounds intresting.... where are you guys based??? also will u be able to do the 07+ cars aswell bud??

-ho

We are in Leeds. The company producing the tool are currently adding the 07+.

With some of the JDM we will need to dump the full software from the ECU to enable support within the tool/software.

Avoid at the moment.

Alex.

I wouldn't be so dismissive about this becasue i can assure you it WILL happen.

I am sure that it will, but not quite yet, but like I said previously good luck with the project. :thumbs:

Thanks guys.

The company we are dealing with regarding the actual tool to flash the unit are already mapping these day in and day out. I just need to finalise a few details with them and we should be the first in the UK to be able to offer this service via OBD.

As i said before, we already have an option to JTAG the ECU but this get's awkward when mapping as it's so easy to lift the pads and circuits.

Thanks guys.

The company we are dealing with regarding the actual tool to flash the unit are already mapping these day in and day out. I just need to finalise a few details with them and we should be the first in the UK to be able to offer this service via OBD.

As i said before, we already have an option to JTAG the ECU but this get's awkward when mapping as it's so easy to lift the pads and circuits.

Wouldn't happen to be Techno Square would it?????

Very exciting. i have always thought that this should not be too difficult with the right attitude :lol:

Welcome guys and more grease to your elbows :thumbs: .

I have tried to contact Cobb tuning and Technosquare about getting into the UK market with no response from either, so its good to know there is(are) other parties ready to play :yahoo:

Can't wait to make all the mods count for something :teeth:

Technosquare works on ecu collect, remap and return. They are US based.

Uprev Osiris is another software which is a basic reflash of the ecu, datalogging, and uploading custom maps based on the data you send them. They are US based and have an agent in the EU but they havent yet started on EU Ecu's yet.

The above 2 companies are the ones I know of that have a very good reputation in the Z33 Ecu flash work.

It is a worthwhile mod and will bring the best out of the NA mods. Would you be able to tell us which company you have tied up with so that we can do our own research on cars that have been modified already to get comfortable with the reputation of the product you are offering?

Thanks

Bobby

Technosquare works on ecu collect, remap and return. They are US based.

Uprev Osiris is another software which is a basic reflash of the ecu, datalogging, and uploading custom maps based on the data you send them. They are US based and have an agent in the EU but they havent yet started on EU Ecu's yet.

The above 2 companies are the ones I know of that have a very good reputation in the Z33 Ecu flash work.

It is a worthwhile mod and will bring the best out of the NA mods. Would you be able to tell us which company you have tied up with so that we can do our own research on cars that have been modified already to get comfortable with the reputation of the product you are offering?

Thanks

Bobby

I did contact Uprev Osiris people before installing my Haltech and they were rather vague about if/how their system would work with UK ECU and I wasn't prepared for the risk of being a guinnea pig (in terms of broken bits or wasted time). You would hope to mitigate some of the risk by dealing with a UK supplier though...