Hi From RS Tuning!

RSTuning

I'm guessing we'll only know the answer to my question once a few have been done, but i'm going to ask anyway!

Does anyone know what we can expect from various mods after the remap?

Plenty on here have a combo of JWT or induction kit, plenum spacer and exhaust mod, any idea what sort of extra BHP/torque this is going to unlock?

I would hope to see similar gains to what Pingu saw with his Haltech and remap, see this post:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=17420&start=46

About 15-20BHP but more important is that new torque curve B)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just need more cars to dump the ecu's

It seems some will be already supported so we can go ahead and map these straight away, some will need patching which is a 2 week turn around.

Paul

So did you work out why you couldn't dump out my ECU Paul? Have you had success dumping another one?

Cheers

Chris

Just need more cars to dump the ecu's

It seems some will be already supported so we can go ahead and map these straight away, some will need patching which is a 2 week turn around.

Paul

Is there any way to tell up front if you would be able to map a certain car? Say if we emailed you our VIN number, could UpRev look it up somehow and decide if its mapable or not without sending it away? Otherwise people like me risk quite a long journey to have our ECU read, then have to do it all over again to have the mapping done :thumbdown:

Went to rs tuning today, good little place with well knowledge people,

good news, apparently my ecu is available to map now, the down side is that Paul won't do it until he can read my ecu, he's sent the info to uprev and hopefully they will reply I'm the next few weeks...

Hopefully Paul will be along later to say what happening in more detail later

I think we need a different version of the software that dumps the gen1 ecu basically. It should dump the rom but does not give an option at the moment. They have given me a couple of things to try on the next gen1 but they are perfectly sure we can go ahead and map them with no issues and can put them back to stock with the rom they already have.

I am mapping a car next week so will post results ASAP.

I think we need a different version of the software that dumps the gen1 ecu basically. It should dump the rom but does not give an option at the moment. They have given me a couple of things to try on the next gen1 but they are perfectly sure we can go ahead and map them with no issues and can put them back to stock with the rom they already have.

I am mapping a car next week so will post results ASAP.

Sounds good. I'm cautious about mapping, thinking that if you can't dump the rom you don't have a safe copy for just in case...

Other than that you know I'm interested :)

BTW will you be able to put the original rom and mapped version in at the same time, switchable by the cruise control? That really would be neat during the try-out period just after mapping, again just in case.

Hi there,

Just been in today, mine is ready to map straight away, UK53 plate. Might get it done when I have a few more pennies to spare!!

It had a diagnostic power run on Paul's dyno today as the engine has been bouncing off the limiter at 5500rpm, threw up an issue with the drive shaft sensor, having said that it did return 274.4hp at the flywheel, not bad for a standard car!

I can recommend RS Tuning, they did a good job on the Clio 172 I had before my 350Z.

John

Really looking forward to seeing some results and numbers coming from this. Be great to see if things like JWT popcharger and other short ram air filters make a positive difference other than just noise and how much is actually gained from a plenum spacer! Reckon with answers to these two questions alone posts from new members would half!

Just got back from RS Tuning.Good news my ECU dumped and is mappable,apparantley mine has the GEN2 ecu fitted. :yahoo:

Paul put the car on the rollers to see what it was doing,it gave 280bhp at the fly which is down on the official figure Nissan quote.He seems to think that there are gains to be had from mapping,i am going to get the lower plenum from Sunset then have it mapped.Hopefully get to 300bhp,but its a better torque curve i am after.