Hi From RS Tuning!

RSTuning

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone need a spare ECU ;)

Martin, your spare ECU won't work on any other car model type then your own. There are over 14 different types of ECUs. If you don't get a "match" it WON'T work.

I have 3 ECUs sitting on my desk at home due to this error I made... so please don't sell it without advising this.

Might have been mentioned before, but what sort of price range will we be looking at to get this done? Would you also be up for a dyno day to do a whole day of us? I have just landed myself a bonus (no pay rise this year :dry: ), so thinking I might blow it on a remap if they are proven to be good :teeth::thumbs:

Looking at £495+vat for the custom mapping with dyno time etc.

Dyno day will be no problem at all. £35 per car if there's 10+. Each will get a printout of WHP, AFR, Estimated Fly power and torque.

Cheers

Paul

Cool - I'll await the results of your test cars. Being based down South I dont think it would be wise to have it done until a few members have it up and running and are happy with it as it will be a 6hrs of driving round trip to get up to you and back. Definately interest when I see some results though :thumbs:

Looking at £495+vat for the custom mapping with dyno time etc.

Dyno day will be no problem at all. £35 per car if there's 10+. Each will get a printout of WHP, AFR, Estimated Fly power and torque.

Cheers

Paul

Cool - I'll await the results of your test cars. Being based down South I dont think it would be wise to have it done until a few members have it up and running and are happy with it as it will be a 6hrs of driving round trip to get up to you and back. Definately interest when I see some results though :thumbs:

Agreed, it's about 5 hours roundtrip for me from Oxford. Convoy? :D

Do let us know how you get on...

My car is running a little lean, do you think your remap software can correct this also? I have a dyno print out of the AFR...

Part of basic tuning to get the most HP is to correct the AFR, so I am sure it will be corrected. I too am running a little on the lean side so I am told, but nothing outside of acceptable tollerances. Not sure what the target AFR should be on an N/A Zed, maybe Alex/Adam could comment on that.

This is what Ben @ eurospec told me:

"Basically the car is spot on afr on idle and cruise, but under full

throttle (with no nos) the afr is in the 13s. Its leaner than other 350s

ive run. Ideally i would like to see it running 12.5 afr. Its basically

13.5 at worst- its not horrendous, but i suspect there is something

underlying on the car- maybe it just has a really good induction kit on

there and its genuinely getting more air.

If that is the case, something like a simple afc controller will sort him

out.

On nitrous it runs a flat 12 afr- where i would like to see an 11.5. It

wont make any more power (likely it will make marginally less, but it will

be that bit cooler and therfore safer). It has no det except at 2k when you

hold it on full load, but all 350s do that.

I would just investigate the fuel system, if its A1, then prolly just an afc

controller would do, along with a very slightly bigger fuel jet for the nos

kit."

Sounds simlar to mine, except I have no NOS. Not sure mine went as high AFR as yours at WOT. The thing that put me of an AFC was that it only solves the AFR and does not offer the other good stuff that you can do with a remap which the stuff from RS Tuning should be able to do to get that extra power.