LHD/RHD - Adjusting lights in europe....

davewilliamson

Hiya, i'm thinking of buying some Spyder black HID headlights, from the US, costs around £250, another £120 to import. I think they would fit initially, but there is the question of converting the beam for R/H drive cars, ie the UK market, I have been reading various threads on the forum, and am still confused! I won,t order until I know someone has successfully achieved it!! Any thoughts?! Thanks.

Iya Bulletagnet, thanks for the reply, this sounds quite technical, although I know a guy who could do this kind of thing! When you mention opening them, i'm guessing you mean actually opening them, and modifying certain parts inside, you will have t forgive my ignorance here, I've never attempted this kind of thing before!!

If you have the time and patience, could you advise me on the specifics, ie, the shroud, and the cut off, i'm guessing they are to do with the beam alignment. Thanks for your time, I'll post up results when hopefully completed!

• 5 years later...

Hi guys, at this very moment I am trying to adjust my head lights on my 53 DE for continental driving as I now live in Spain. I have just tried to adjust the drivers side after seeing the diagram in the previous pages, but the large adjustment wheel only moves the beam up and down not side to side. I can’t find this other adjuster , is it hidden anywhere? My car is a early Z vin 3048,does that make a difference to adjusting? Any help would be great. Mike 

B0ECDE72-31EA-4CCA-BEF1-52F6DEDBCB26.jpeg

Edited by AW11mike