Got clamped today....£250 poorer......update

Greekman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the guy on foot or in a van? keep a padlock and chain in your car and if you see him chain his van up, even better if he doesnt see you and drives off and ruins his van....

we had a bunch of clampers moved into a small unit where i used to work, they clamped one of our vans parked outside out workshop (we can legally park there), my old boss was an arse,he cut it off then he went and bought a super thick chain and padlock, and put it around the gates to the clampers place lol, took them ages to get it off...

i think its very unlikly you will ever get your money back tho mate

if the clampers is legally entitled to put a clamp on your car, you are only aloud to remove it if you can without damaging it, i.e if you cut it off its criminal damage ect, ive heard or people jacking the corner of their car,letting there tyre down and sliding the chains off, think you must need tiny wheels with baloon rubber to do it tho... and people removing the wheel and fitting the spare then driving off the the clamped wheel in the boot lol. clampers do know people try it tho so quite often loop the chain throught the wishbone ect...

man sorry to hear that :thumbdown: if they are gangsters like it sounds they are with strange contracts etc you'll have very little hope in getting your monies back :dry:

came home from holiday and found one of our cars clamped outside my house... had to pay and then complained for a few weeks until they where forced to pay me back, different grounds mind but still it worked... how are you proceeding with it? :thumbs:

right this was a while ago. i only updated the thread today... ;)

i did get my money back through my m8...not through them....what i know through them is that if you chop the clamp off they wont do anything cos its a lot of effort for nothing...it is illegal tho... :thumbs:

if the clampers is legally entitled to put a clamp on your car, you are only aloud to remove it if you can without damaging it, i.e if you cut it off its criminal damage ect, ive heard or people jacking the corner of their car,letting there tyre down and sliding the chains off, think you must need tiny wheels with baloon rubber to do it tho... and people removing the wheel and fitting the spare then driving off the the clamped wheel in the boot lol. clampers do know people try it tho so quite often loop the chain throught the wishbone ect...

That's just it though. They are virtually NEVER entitled to do this. But in order to get your money back through the official channels is a right PITA and people usually give up over the sake of 100 odd quid.

Best bet is to cut the bugger off. Ideally when the clamper isn't there. But if you chop it (causing minimal damage) it's up to the clampers to prove criminal damage in court. Of course, they won't be able to, because they will not have done so legally, and you're protecting property my removing it using reasonable force. So, not mashing the clamp up and throwing it through the clampers window, as much as you might like. :D