DIY: Dension ICE Link FM Ipod Connection to Z Stereo

Removed

After buying the Ipod video a couple of weeks ago, I also just bought this unit to attach it to the aerial of the standard stereo. Will do a guide once i get round to installing it, which should (repeat, should) be this weekend :)

I know there was a guide on the old site, and probably there'll be one locked away somewhere else, but guess what, we are going to have our own soon :teeth:

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE GUIDE

Success! B)

righty oh, here's the DIY guide :) all bigger size pictures are here: http://www.350z-uk.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=69

what you'll need:

normal_IM001534.jpg

let's start then!

disconnect both battery cables

let's start dismantling the centre console! :teeth:

take off the rubber mat in the centre cubby hole and unscrew the 2 screws you just uncovered

normal_IM001535.jpg

normal_IM001539.jpg

then lift the plastic cover as indicated

normal_IM001540.jpg

then lift the gear lever surround

normal_IM001536.jpg

detach the aircon cable from the back of the surround

normal_IM001537.jpg

unscrew these 6 screws you see here: (note 2 on the bottom left side are missing as I took them off already)

normal_IM001538.jpg

unscrew these 2 other screws:

normal_IM001541.jpg

lift centre console top part with a fairly strong pull

normal_IM001543.jpg

before taking off the centre console, make sure you sit on the driver's seat, and unplug this connector, and also release it from the little hook that keeps the wire of the connector close to the centre console

normal_IM001544.jpg

finally pull the console away, but not completely as you have to unplug the radio connectors

normal_IM001545.jpg

unplug all these connectors

normal_IM001546.jpg

get the connector shown in the picture and splice the white cable with blue streak and the pink cable with black streak

normal_IM001547.jpg

attach the cable splice to the red cable from the ICE link, and the white/blue from the radio connector

normal_IM001548.jpg

attach the pink/black cable from the radio connector to the purple cable on the ICE link via the cable splice

normal_IM001549.jpg

the black cable from the ICE link needs to be grounded, I just put it onto the chassis

normal_IM001550.jpg

attach the ICE LINK box with the cable tie provided to the plastic frame as shown

normal_IM001551.jpg

finally route the cradle cable where you find it best (some people put it in the little cubbly hole, some other put it where the phone cradle is, I put it just below the vent

normal_IM001552.jpg

et voila' IPOD connected to frequency 88.00mhz

sound quality is good, not CD quality but still quite good even at high volumes, all in all a worthwhile purchase!

:teeth:B)

• 2 months later...

addendum for the 06 model thanks to member Harewood! :)

" I have just removed the centre console in my 06MY coupe. It has the factory fit SatNav and the way the control panel fits differs from previous models.

In front of the bottom of the screen is a plastic panel that has to be prised upwards carefully to reveal the 2 screws that hold the SatNav controls in place."

normal_06Zcentre.jpg

normal_06Zcentre2.jpg