Car Won't Start

Thelongads

Could not get the Zed started this morning - car ran fine last night but this morning just won't start. it turns over but no sign of firing and getting started

Had the AA out and its not the battery and he checked for a spark and there was none :headhurt: All fuses seem ok too.

so, car is on way to a garage to be looked over - just hope its nothing bad :angry:

any suggestions to likely faults ?

Ads :thumbs:

have the BCM board checked, There has been a couple of issues reported with water digress there.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... hlight=bcm

search for BCM and you'll find a few things :)

Does not sound great, hope its not that. All my electrics such as heating, windows, seats etc.. were fine this morning but one wierd thing was my petrol flap was open (maybe a coincidence ??).

anyway - just waiting for the tow truck :headhurt:

Ads

Just out of interest, where in the drivers footwell is the BCM located ? Only asking because the AA man was in that area with torch looking at fuses and did not mention anything to do with water .

cheers

Ads

think it's in the passenger footwell.

I hope for your sake its not BCM! Mine went last year and was 6 weeks off the road and just shy of 4 figures to sort completely. Fingers crossed for you!

I hope its not too - been reading a few other posts and there was someone the other week who got water onto a circuit board and that cost over £1k.

Just keeping fingers crossed its a sensor or something but knowing my luck it will be bad.

Car is waiting inspection tomorrow, I hate dealers so its gone to a local performance car garage.

Ads

Just had a call from the garage asking what is the problem with the car as it started up 1st time for them :wacko:

They're just checking for any loose connections, water ingress anywhere electrical but glad it at least started :yahoo:

Ads

Glad it started :thumbs: but unfortunately intermittent faults are always the worst. Hope they find something but I doubt it unless there is a fault code stored.

Just spoke to garage again and found they only started it by push starting it but thereafter it started ok but a few hours later won't start again. :headhurt:

The say the codes coming up relate to a immobiliser issue and the car is going round to the dealers for more checks.

Does this seem right and tie in to the non-firing and lack of spark ?

cheers

Ads

thank **** i didn't buy it ;)

I'm thinking maybe I wish you had :lol:

The non-nissan garage said it was showing some alarm/immobiliser codes but had to send it to Nissan for full diagnostics. Hopefully it'll be sorted quickly (and cheaply) and i can post up some info which will help otherws if they have the same problems.

Once its sorted, with the new tyres now on, I'll get it up for sale again. :thumbs:

Ads

Car is now back with me and working fine. The problem appeared to be the immobiliser getting confused and Nissan could not find anything else wrong with it. The ECU has been reset and it has started everytime since Thurs :)

.. and It only cost 1 hrs labour :D

Ads

:thumbs:

Car is now back with me and working fine. The problem appeared to be the immobiliser getting confused and Nissan could not find anything else wrong with it. The ECU has been reset and it has started everytime since Thurs :)

.. and It only cost 1 hrs labour :D

Ads

Good result and thanks for concluding the post, helps for future use… :thumbs:

• 12 years later...
On 15/02/2009 at 06:36, Stew said:

Still, it's on the forum if it happens to eanyone in the future.

I have the ecu reset procedure saved in word on my mobile! :lol:

please send that to me! i’m having problems with my car exact symptoms you are having