How to: Remove the front bumper

Chesterfield

Usual Disclaimer - this is guide and follows the practises set out by 350z-uk.com.

Just a very quick guide on removing the front bumper. If you have headlight washers you will need to disconnect the piping on removal.

1) Jack up the front of the car and support on two axle stands, remove the two front wheels;

1.jpg

2) Underneither the front bumper begin to remove the 10mm screws holding the splash guard to the front bumper and also the ones holding the inner arch splash guard, (4 on each inner arch and about 6 along the front of the bumper)

2.jpg

3.jpg

3) Next move into the wheel well and remove the body fixing clips (pop the middle out with a flat screwdrive)

4.jpg

4) One all clips are removed, remove the inner arches, these are hooked into the inner wing lip, a bit of movement free's them up nicely. Once removed set aside

5.jpg

5) Open the bonnet and look at the top of the bumper, in my case I have the carbon air division panel, this needs to be removed by removing the 6 body work clips (again use a flat bladed screwdriver to remove the centre of the clip.

Before

6.jpg

After

7.jpg

6) back down to the arch, where the bumper meets the wings there should be 2 10mm bolts on each side, you may want a little extention bar on the rachet to avoid the headlight mounts. The 2nd photograph below it taken from the ground facing up and you can clearly see the two bolts, the first one is just for positional referance.

8.jpg

9.jpg

7) Once these are out on both sides, the bumper will side out towards from the front of the car. It sits on two metal bracket just under the light and if you feel any resistance just check its not cause on these brackets. And this will be your finished result

10.jpg

11.jpg

8) Obviously refitting is just a reversal of removal.

Please feel free to add or delete steps

Dan

Credit to dcash5 for this guide - post reinstated so as to be helpful to others.

Nice guide but not to sure why you need to remove the wheel arch covers to remove the front bumper? Here is my front removed. :)

I found that once the 2 screws had been removed from the front bumpers corners you could pop out the wheel arch liner to expose the 3 screws securing the bumper to the wing. So also meaning no need to remove the front wheels.

:)

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0339.jpg

Baffled as to how you reached the bolts in step 6

Just remove the lower 2 screws securing the front bumper in place and then you can pop the wheel arch liner out. Then just use a socket extension to remove the 3 bolts. ;)

beavis - I notice 2 fluid resevoirs at either side of the car, just in front of the tires. what's the one on the left for? almost looks like you have 2 washer fluid resevoirs?

Beats me Adam, think its like this on all UK spec cars. May be Nissan thought that due to the UK's shitty weather we needed more capacity. :lol:

Maybe we need the extra capacity for the headlight washers. :)

And they are linked via the pipework and only the left one as the pump, so like Martin said it must be for the extra capacity for the headlights. :)

• 7 months later...

Is this easy to do or is it a ball ache??? (how many hours??) Im getting a new front bumper sprayed soon and was going to get them to fit it aswell, but if i can save some cash by doing it myself then i'll go for that!!

Cheers

Muttley

• 2 months later...
No you don't,just removed side reflectors in deep snow without removal of bumper,although pain in arse :headhurt:

Good man :thumbs: Although what Mike probably meant is its easier (on your knuckles) to swap them with the bumper off... :lol:

No you don't,just removed side reflectors in deep snow without removal of bumper,although pain in arse :headhurt:

Good man :thumbs: Although what Mike probably meant is its easier (on your knuckles) to swap them with the bumper off... :lol:

If its a JDM then you can do them quite easily without removing it, but with the UK, there are water bottles in the way and easier to remove it. I didnt fully remove mine to do it, I did it one half at a time and worked quite well, although was very fiddly and might have been easier fully removing it.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice guide going to have to do this to replace my lights.

I replaced one of my headlight once... got the whole car back together, packed all my tools away, came back in the house, and i'd forgot to put the plastic cover on the back of the light back on :rant: ... so had to do the whole lot again. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Did this over the weekend... as mentioned all you need is a 10mm socket plus extension and a flat screw driver...

Good guide and very easy to do.... I decided not to take the wheels and liner off as it was easier. :thumbs:

Just a handy note, when removing the plastic fittings under the bonnet remember to push up the centre part of it first and then it should all just pull out..

9c96277c.jpg

47e0f2c2.jpg

Maybe we need the extra capacity for the headlight washers. :)

And they are linked via the pipework and only the left one as the pump, so like Martin said it must be for the extra capacity for the headlights. :)

+1. The NS tank is for the H/L washer. It needs a tank for the higher pressure water delivery on that side. I noticed when you fill the washer bottle that the level drop as it fills the N/S to balance the levels.

Tip of the day fill slowly and check it a few mins later. :teeth:

• 1 month later...

Good writeup / guide.

I used the addon of Beavis and didnt take the wheels of and found it a bit tricky to get too the bolts.. the first two I used a screwdriver (philips) and the inner one you've got to use a 10mm socket, found that using an extension here helped. Also doing this to the wheel helped (test if your man enough to turn the wheel without starting..go on I dare you;) )

SNV35357.JPG

• 4 weeks later...