Full road test of 370Z by US car mag

lotuscc

Given that they got a 4.9 out of the 313 Zed, then just 0.2 secs quicker is believable.

It might have been nice to know a bit more about the drive rather than just statistics, but we'll have to wait for some proper reviews I guess.

i never buy cars new off the forcourt, you might as well give a tramp £5000 as you drive off the forcourt.

i'd rather someone else take the hit, and i'll buy it second hand for less.

newest i've ever gone is an ex demo car. 1 year old.

the 370 could be my next car, but i'm not planning on changing for a while.

(although every car so far i normally get bored with after 1 year, changed by 18 months, am hoping this won't happen with the Zed as it ticks all the boxes)

also never bought same brand twice. so who knows what i might get next?

but that o-60 time is nice, wonder if their is much improvement in the amount of tourque?

as 0-60 is not the best thing to evaluate a car on.

When/where did they get 4.9 out of the 313? (link?) :)
While not an equal to the DBS, the 370Z is speedier than the racebred 306-horse. 3.5-liter Nismo 350Z we tested in 2007, which ran 4.9 and 13.5 at 103.9, respectively, thus making the 370 the quickest production Z we've ever tested.

Reading the article the new 370Z is actually heavier then the 350Z.

Under the same conditions they got 4.9 for the HR 350z (they must have access to very grippy tarmac).

So the 370z is a bit quicker off the line (it has wider tyres so this could be why) but not quicker once it is actually going - 1/4 is only .2 sec faster than the HR 350Z.

Snippet from Autocar:

Nissan reps also explained how the new 370Z manual blips the throttle for you on downshifts. "It works in tandem with wheel speed sensors and switches in the gate of each of the car's gears. When shifting from sixth to fourth, it works out how many rpm you'll need and dials them up automaticallly. But if you rather heel-and-toe, you can switch it off."

hmmmmm..... liking this car more. Have to forget what the rear end looks like as the driving experience is sounding rather good. :teeth:

0-60 4.7

0-70 6.2

Took an additional 1.5 seconds to go from 60-70.... i think the 4.7 is very optimistic, i understand it takes exponentially more power each additional 10mph but 1.5 secs hmm maybe second gear just touches 60 and theres a shorter gear ratio on this than the current 350z.

ahem..lemme clear this up for you...

0-60 ON 350Z IS NOWAY 4.9S

we all know that...could be a nismo Z they were trialling in usa...but certainly not the standard car...

same with 370z...5.5 is what nissan says....unless these guys are stupid enough to do a run on a slope with a jet engine thrusting away behind them...noway they can get 0.6s off manufacturer times....even the best drivers dont get close to manufacturere times !!!

sorry but i wouldnt trust a mag review that cant get basic figures right....let alone a review!

ahem..lemme clear this up for you...

0-60 ON 350Z IS NOWAY 4.9S

we all know that...could be a nismo Z they were trialling in usa...but certainly not the standard car...

same with 370z...5.5 is what nissan says....unless these guys are stupid enough to do a run on a slope with a jet engine thrusting away behind them...noway they can get 0.6s off manufacturer times....even the best drivers dont get close to manufacturere times !!!

sorry but i wouldnt trust a mag review that cant get basic figures right....let alone a review!

+1. an m3 struggles to do this and thats got another 100bhp up its ar5e!!