Z owner from Finland

JV-Z

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Long time I haven't wrote updates. I have read this forum regularly and got a lot information and also bought some parts here. Would you like if I write what has happened since 2009.

:thumbs: look forward to updates and pictures :)

Okay.

The end of 2009

Like i said last time camber was badly wrong in track. So Adam/Z1Auto from states sent me Eibach camber and toe correction kit.

Eibach_Camber_Toe_Kit.jpg

Install was quite straightforward job. Only toe bolt needed more adjust space. Dremmel did the job

Toe_bolt_install.jpg

Front Z emblem was badly worn (poor quality) so i decided to polish it. Under the crome paint was gold paint so it became quite nice.

Z_Emblem_Gold.jpg

One cruising picture between this. It's taken autumn 2009

2009_Tre_Cruising_350z.jpg

Original leather seats were worn out some point. Leather was cracked. Especially drivers seat.

Nahanhoito2.jpg

First I cleaned the seats with this normal market leather cleaner.

Nahanhoito5.jpg

And seats were really dirty.

Nahanhoito6.jpg

Then the worn out parts. I bought this kind off scuff master from UK and this was really good stuff

Nahanhoito8.jpg

And put it to the worn parts

Nahanhoito10.jpg

After the scuff treatment, same company Conditioner. This was also great product. It smell long time fresh leather.

Nahanhoito11.jpg

Same target after the scuff and conditioner. Quite different look.

Nahanhoito14.jpg

And whole driver seat after the treatment.

Nahanhoito15.jpg

Winter came and car went to the winter storage.

2009_TalviSailytys_Big.jpg

December 2009 I bought a 630 square meter building plot, and 2010 I started to build a 240 m2 house where I will have 67 m2 carage under the house.

Tontti_Kesa.jpg

It took a lot my time 2010 and 2011 so I didn't have so much time with the car but later more.

2010 didn't start well. Rabbit or something else small animal run in my front bumper.

Front_bumper_cracked.jpg

Insurance company of course paid the whole thing and i got new bumper and new paint in it. Seibon front lip also dameged a bit, so I didn't repair it instead i sold it. I actually wanted anyway replace it with the Varis Arising-I, but in then I didn't know how hard is to get one.

With the engine I wonder what direction should I take. NA or charged. At this point i chose NA. Nurrish was selling his Utec here in good price so I bought it. Thanks Nurrish.

Utec.jpg

When I installed the Utec I of course managed to break som interior parts. 100 € of couple piece of plastic.

Interior_plastic_parts.jpg

In the summer, before the trackdays, i had to get the better belts. One option was to replace the seats, but i liked the original seat. Previous car I had Sparco seats and I have to admit, in normal driving those weren't practical. So standard seats and good belts and so you can keep your ass on the seat on the track

I chose Schroth 6P with the pilot lock

Schroth6P.jpg

350z don't have back seats so, harness bar was only way to go.

Sparco is expensive but when concern is safety it's wrong place to save.

Belts2.jpg

Seats had to remove during the installation.

Belts1.jpg

Nicely I replaced the original bolt with the eyebolt. Both belt are now in use at the same time. In the track the 6P and in the streets standard belts.

Belts3.jpg

My house lower layer frame was almost finish. Garage doors comes to those holes. My car spent a lot time in front of this building site.

350z_and_Garage.jpg

Later 2010 I was bored the D2 coilovers. In standard driving those were too noisy and threads were stuck even I hadn't drive in winters. Rear end couldn't adjust enough low and front opposite couldn't adjust enough high. So too poor quality and design for me.

So Bilstein PSS10 was the answer.

BilsteinPSS10.jpg

Bilstein you don't get the upper strunt mounting with it. Purpose is to use original, but i used original-Nismo combination.

Nismo bushings

NismoBush.jpg

I did the assembly in the winter 2010 and installed the kit spring 2011. So later more.

Year 2011 I start ordering again some new parts

First vas high flow cats. And of course it had to be Berks. These came from States.

BerkHFC1.jpg

BerkHFC2.jpg

Chassis need a little update with the bilstein. So at the same time I got Hotchkiss sway bars

Hotchkis2.jpg

And new bushes

VakaajanPuslat.jpg

I also changed new updated drop links both front and rear. on the right is standard, left updated.

Koiranluut.JPG

Because I didn't want to use old nuts, bolts, washers etc, I bought every piece new. Some of these belong to the upper mount.

OriginalParts.jpg

Bilstein assembled

Bilstein-assembled.jpg

Then I started to change the parts

This was first time in my new garage. Light was terrible because of the garage incomplete, so i had to do this door open.

Vaihto_AT.jpg

Bilstein is waiting impatient to get under the car

Alkutilanne.JPG

Old and new rear stabilizer side by side.

Vakaajat.JPG

Front ready

Front.JPG

Rear ready

Rear.JPG

Next i ordered new door sill plates. The original silver ones.

Kynnyslistat.jpg

And fixed drivers seat squeaking. One washer to the right place and seat was tight

spacer.jpg

So in June car was again ready for the track. Chassis was now better than ever.

2011_Alastaro1.jpg

2011_Alastaro2.jpg

2011_Alastaro3.jpg

Two weeks after the track car suffered starting problems, until it stops entirely. I had to order the tow truck and move it to the authorized workshop.

IPDM was dead and also the ECU. IPDM wasn't repairable. Main board was broken not only relay. ECU same thing. I didn't have to get new ECU, i found used from Germany. Don't know what electric shock it had got.

After that car was fine, but I lost 2 months that summer and now car is again in winter storage.

In March P5IULT had the shine group buy. I ordered Shine Strosek CF side skirts to complement the CF line.

Shine-Strosek-CF.jpg

Condition was perfect. Fitment I don't know yet, cos those part stand here in my working room.

Front CF is still missing after selling the seibon, which might be mistake. Varis is first option, Second option is genuine Nismo V3 bumper. If you know someone is selling these, let me know.

December i had obviously again too much time and this lead me to get this.

HKS.jpg

So this summer plan is quite clear. I will return for that.