How to - Window reset procedure

Guest prescience

• 5 months later...

also from 350z-tech site

"My passenger side window started messing up a few months ago. By that I mean when I would click the automatic up button it would roll up all the way and then go back down half way. Well it got to be real annoying and I finally took it to the service dept. and the service guy there told me how to fix it myself so I would not have to pay. He told me that when you unplug the battery or almost anything on the Z for that matter, that things begin to get off time and my window was off time. OK so here are the steps.

1.) Remove your door panel (This really is not that hard to do)

2.) After the door panel is off, you will see a silver panel with alot of little circle pads stuck on it. There are holes behind all of those sticky pads. The one that is smaller in the center has a black button behind it. This is the window motor reset button. YOU MUST FIND THIS BUTTON.

3.) After you have found the little black reset button, you must get inside the car and shut the door with the window up. You then push and hold the black button in and MANUALLY ROLL the window all the way down. Make sur you do it manually and not automatically. once the window is all the way down, you let go of the button and make sure that it pops back out. You then roll the window back up MANUALLY NOT automatically and then you are done.

4.) You have now re-timed your window and it should work fine. Mine is...."

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

another method posted

ADDITIONAL SERVICE WHEN REMOVING BATTERY NEGATIVE TERMINAL : Special

Repair Requirement INFOID:0000000004460995

INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE

1. Disconnect battery negative terminal or power window switch connector. Reconnect it after a minute or

more.

2. Door switch is OFF (close).

3. Turn ignition switch ON.

4. Operate power window switch to fully open the window. (This operation is unnecessary if the window is

already fully open.)

5. Continue pulling the power window switch AUTO-UP. Even after glass stops at the fully closed position,

keep pulling the switch for 3 seconds or more.

6. Initializing procedure is completed.