Derestricted - Potentially, How Fast is a 350z?

greido

I think i recall a 350 choptop maxing out at 148 at VMAX. With the hood up anyway.

That was me!

The actual figures were:

roof down 148,

roof up, mirrors in and only in 5th 153. It would only pull 148 in 6th using the space available.

The straight at Bruntingthorpe is not long enough to get to 155 so I dread to think how much room you would need to hit 165!

Oh and as we are discussing economy I got a fantastic 9 mpg whilst I was there.....

Glen

• Like 1

I think i recall a 350 choptop maxing out at 148 at VMAX. With the hood up anyway.

That was me!

The actual figures were:

roof down 148,

roof up, mirrors in and only in 5th 153. It would only pull 148 in 6th using the space available.

The straight at Bruntingthorpe is not long enough to get to 155 so I dread to think how much room you would need to hit 165!

Oh and as we are discussing economy I got a fantastic 9 mpg whilst I was there.....

Glen

good god thats mad :)

talking about speedo inaccuracies at pod my digital speedo read 102 and my timing slip suggested 101 so that wasnt as bad as i expected!

I got to just over 260 kph (looking at the digital speedo so god knows what it was really) on an Autobahn in December last year, which would be just over 160mph. Not sure how fast exactly because I caught up with some traffic rather fast and didn't actually see the end result. :blush:

It flew to 250 and then took a while to get to 260, although that wasn't helped by me forgetting to change to 6th and it bouncing off the red line..... I was surprised the limiter didn't kick in but then I don't know what to expect. Does it just slow you gently or feel like you've hit a brick wall as with some other cars?

I got to just over 260 kph (looking at the digital speedo so god knows what it was really) on an Autobahn in December last year, which would be just over 160mph. Not sure how fast exactly because I caught up with some traffic rather fast and didn't actually see the end result. :blush:

It flew to 250 and then took a while to get to 260, although that wasn't helped by me forgetting to change to 6th and it bouncing off the red line..... I was surprised the limiter didn't kick in but then I don't know what to expect. Does it just slow you gently or feel like you've hit a brick wall as with some other cars?

In my tiptronic JDM it feels like a brick wall. I do it all the time forgetting its in manual mode! :lol:

Takes a long road to do 155, like the ones across belgium to/from the nurburgring

:scare: 155 in Belgium?? The'ye got a 120kph (75mph) speed limit and you don't want to get caught doing more then 40kph over. If you can't pay the huge fine on the spot, they'll impound your car!

This guys is de-restriced and he tells me it hits just over 165mph at redline - i dont know him, but i hear he is one sexy bastard... :p

PS - He is sorry for the pic quality, but it was taken from a mobile phone video clip haha

PPS - The GPS at the time this pic was taken recorded 153mph, i think, so yeh the speedo's are all out by variable margins for sure

Greido, both of my mates this end of the world, who are running fully caged hard out full racecar 350z, are running aftermarket chips, for the very reason you are asking about. Now bearing in mind, both of these cars, are a long way from stock, running a huge amount more power too, . If you are serious or interested aftermarket can be the way to go, depends on what you are trying to achieve, there's more to it, that top speed, it's the getting there. It's also not cheap. Hehe, where's Bigphil or one of you other guys. ;)

• 3 years later...

I have a Nissan 350z import 2004 slightly modified but de-restricted. I live in a small village and the longest road is approx 2mile long. I have hit 165 mph in 6th gear with more to show but the road ran out.

It is achievable.

What a dick :lol:

Yes a UK model can be derestricted with uprev.

My standard 313 convertible would go all the way to 160 on the digital speedo and a bit over 160 on the analog. And it would stay there no matter what. I did it a few times and for a few miles each time.

After fiddling with it (meaning all the mods carried out which include uprev, a full body kit and a rear spoiler) and with 320 on the fly (not the usual 340 it runs), i decided not to push any further at 173mph. The digital was insisting it was doing 160 but I felt like it was accelerating still and when I looked at the analogue I saw it well over 170!

It was me and the gf in at the time and I suspect that also the rear spoiler doesn't help for top speed and we did it in Greece on the motorway between Athens and my hometown Chalkida.

I am not convinced that the zed is built for top speed tho. It can easily do 160 and keep it safe and planted round motorway bends as well but it feels like it take ages to get there.

I remember my 4200gt convertible with 400bhp and almost 2tonnes fat would scream all the way to 175+ without slowing down one bit but It would scare the living hell out of you if there was a tiny wind blow on the motorway :lol:

I have a Nissan 350z import 2004 slightly modified but de-restricted. I live in a small village and the longest road is approx 2mile long. I have hit 165 mph in 6th gear with more to show but the road ran out.

It is achievable.

You sir, are a knob jockey of the highest order.

It is achievable.

You sir, are a knob jockey of the highest order.

+1000 :lol:

Actually Dan I can think of much stronger ways of describing this eejit! :bangin:

It is achievable.

2nd post eh?

Im getting an early call for troll or absolute assbiscuit

It is achievable.

2nd post eh?

Im getting an early call for troll or absolute assbiscuit

He drives a Jag now ;)

Please don't come to East Yorkshire Sharaz350z :surrender: I live on a two mile lane but I would hate to think that you were driving past at 165 mph as one of my cats was crossing the lane :angry:

And stay the **** out of West Yorkshire while your at it... :thumbdown: