Own servicing!?

LewisL

How many of you self service your cars!?

I have always done it myself on previos cars but never had a car this new before! its just had its 30k service before i boguht it so got a while yet! My mrs works for Toyota & is on @ me to keep up the service history!

How much roughly do Nissan charge for servicing?

I think with the Z that at the moment it is still important to have a service history rather than DIY

That might depend on how long he plans to keep his Z though, perhaps. ;)

who can predict the future, something may come round the corner and force him to sell it. It will be very hard to shift with a DIY service history, until the Z gets very cheap and even then who's gonna take a gamble with something that could be very expensive to repair

I think with the Z that at the moment it is still important to have a service history rather than DIY

That might depend on how long he plans to keep his Z though, perhaps. ;)

who can predict the future, something may come round the corner and force him to sell it. It will be very hard to shift with a DIY service history, until the Z gets very cheap and even then who's gonna take a gamble with something that could be very expensive to repair

I make sure she takes the pill every night lol!

I do intend on keeping it for a while! (fingers crossed) so thats y i am thinkin of getting it done by Nissan! its just a right tw@ having to pay all that £££ for something i can do myself!

also what is the differnce in the services seen people talkin about P1, P2, P3!?

it has had a service every 10k(ish) so the next time i will need to servce it will be 40k so what service will that require!?

Lewis, warranty wise you'll need to use genuine parts and be VAT registered to ensure your warranty remains valid - and stamp your service history book.

If you're not VAT registered then you won't really be able to claim full service history - well, a buyer won't like it too much.

I have not used Nissan as I have a VAT registered mechanic who works on all our vehicles.

also what is the differnce in the services seen people talkin about P1, P2, P3!?

it has had a service every 10k(ish) so the next time i will need to servce it will be 40k so what service will that require!?

service is every 9000 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first.

service manual is availabe from the guides section. Depends on how old your car is to say which service but could be a P1 if your car is a 54 plate. I would double check though to se if it had the P3 last time as this is a major service and not one to be skipped by the previous owner or dealer

• 3 weeks later...

service is every 9000 miles or 12 months, which ever comes first.

This is something I find very interesting. I'm not sure if it's varying laws, or climatic conditions or what. But in the US seems similar to the UK, where as in Australia and NZ our servicing schedule is every 10k kilometres, so what's that every 5k miles approximately.