Zonda in Aberdeen

ab350z

WOW! First time I've ever seen one in the flesh. Was driving to ASDA last night (other supermarkets are available) and could hear something very loud a few cars behind me while i was sat at the lights. Lights green and I then turn into a filter lane to take a right, the Zonda goes straight on, what a fantastic looking motor.

Not a Zed, but a good spot none the less. I've given up flashing and waving to Z owners in Aberdeen, apart from Stew, no-one else on here I dont think.

Was the reg 32 P?

If so it's Rios rental Zonda.

If not then it could belong to any number of collector / enthusiasts up here.

They are awesome...... I've seen the 'seg (can't spell kkkkoooonnneeeiiinngggsssseegg) about too. Nice!

The very one. I thought it might be them when I saw it. Saw a silver Murcielago down at Sainsbury's the other day. I was checking the tyre pressures on the Z and he was filling up with normal unleaded, had a chat with him and he said he used to use VPower but it made absolutely no difference at all. Said he'd run various tests and got no better economy and didn't feel anymore responsive. Wondered how much jibberish he was really speaking, then when I asked what he did and he said he was a petrochemical engineer for an oil company I thought if anyone should know about it, it might aswell be him.

The very one. I thought it might be them when I saw it. Saw a silver Murcielago down at Sainsbury's the other day. I was checking the tyre pressures on the Z and he was filling up with normal unleaded, had a chat with him and he said he used to use VPower but it made absolutely no difference at all. Said he'd run various tests and got no better economy and didn't feel anymore responsive. Wondered how much jibberish he was really speaking, then when I asked what he did and he said he was a petrochemical engineer for an oil company I thought if anyone should know about it, it might aswell be him.

I used to put Super Unleaded in my zeds but then put normal unleaded in my Lambo as it made no difference in mpg and you'd have to be driving the car on the limit to notice any performance difference. :)

Yes, I drive past Elvington Airfield every night on way home from work and the only garage near there is a little tin pot place where you get no choice. Couple of weeks ago there had been some sort of event and there was a row of lambos and ferraris filling up with the normal stuff - made me think why not - still haven't done it yet but I suppose I should with the prices as they are now!

I used to put Super Unleaded in my zeds but then put normal unleaded in my Lambo as it made no difference in mpg and you'd have to be driving the car on the limit to notice any performance difference. :)

Don't notice any difference myself... apart from in the pocket

there seem to be differing opinions - ive never tried the cheaper stuff but Im going to tonight. I'm not sure of the actual price difference.

The difference can be as much as 10p a litre :surrender:

10p/litre X 80 litres is £8

£8 a week is £416 a year

Overpay a £100k mortgage over 25yrs by £34.66 (£416/12) and you would pay your mortgage off 2 years 8 months saving £11,776 in interest and £20,608 in saved payments over the 2 years 8 months you've saved B)

My brother as a Ferrari 355 and that use's normal unleaded, the zed is designed to run on the super unleaded, you can expect to see a slight drop in bhp using normal unleaded, but i don't think you will notice that. I think i get better mpg using super unleaded over normal but that is cancelled out in the price difference. ;)

I'm getting about 260-270 miles between fill ups and usually fill around the same time so wont be happy if switching to normal means i'll get less than that! Be aswell taking the bus to work. £52 a month for a bus pass or 3 fill ups at £70. Decisions decisions.

I ended up putting the super unleaded in as usual as at Sainsburys it was only 2 or 3p more a litre. Normal was about 114 and super was 116 (point something).

Thats not bad compared to some prices i hace seen. :headhurt:

Yeah, I thought that was pretty good. Especially compared to BP Ultimate etc.

have you tried petrolprices.com? They send you emails to tell you where the cheapest petrol of your choice is within a specified distance from a postcode.

Aye Stew I find the Shell on Springfield Road is quite cheap aswell, Sainsbury's still beats it but its thwe whole petrol from a supermarket or petrol from a petrol station argument. But they have to get it from somewhere, yet to here of J Sainsbury's taking oil out of the north sea. They've got their finger in every other pie though.

sure there was point to this thread at some point.....oh yes, Zonda - very nice never seen one in the flesh myself.

Everytime I've used super I really notice the performance difference from normal stuff. Could just be a placebo effect but I'm normally very cynical with stuff like this so I would be surprised.

I ended up putting the super unleaded in as usual as at Sainsburys it was only 2 or 3p more a litre. Normal was about 114 and super was 116 (point something).

Even if its only 3p difference why pay the difference for a benefit you can't tangibly feel. Also its an extra 3p for super from a supermarket petrol station who are supposed to use the shittiest fuel going. I filled the lambo up at sainsburies every time as i thought there was no point paying extra for (supposedly) low grade fuel, plus the handbook doesn't specify 97rom+. If it was V-Power then I could understand it. Maybe there is an element of zed owners feeling the need for every single bhp out of their car........( I put super in my zed too, but only sainsburies stuff :lol: )..... :blush: