Las Vegas

Sarnie

I've never been (but it's on my list) however I still feel qualified to give you the BEST piece of advice:

Do not get so drunk that you end up getting married by an Elvis impersonator and regret it in the morning! :wacko:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been (but it's on my list) however I still feel qualified to give you the BEST piece of advice:

Do not get so drunk that you end up getting married by an Elvis impersonator and regret it in the morning! :wacko:

Even worse - don't get so drunk that you marry an Elvis impersonator! :scare:

Even worse - don't get so drunk that you marry an Elvis impersonator! :scare:

Its very common - happened to me :scare:

After Chris's input Liam I have nothing to add. We've probably been as many times as each other. But I've only ever been once with Mrs 73. Plenty of times with the boys ;):teeth:

Therefore, my advice may not be girlfriend-friendly :lol:

Madalay Bay has a cool frozen bar though... Oh, and the Hooters hotel had some sights! But you may want to stick with the helicopter canyon ride. But don't do the "western adventure" one. Go to the bottom and have brunch. And don't go in a plane either, helicopter is the only way to go.

Yeah hooters is worth a look for the staff and is beside the MGM, total craphole otherwise. Drais is a great wee nightclub on the strip and usually no cue like some other clubs have. I was over in dec for the Hatton fight and Planet Hollywood was the place to be. I think if you stick to the strip you can't go wrong and you've got a monorail station right in the MGM.

OH and a really good tip is use the hotel check in desk at the airport while you are waiting on your bags.

helicopter is the only way to go.

+1 :thumbs:

Went in the plane the first time, terrible... never even saw the river!

2nd time went in the helicopter

GC.jpg

hoover.jpg

Luxor.jpg

ViewfromRio.jpg

There is a bar I never tried but read about on the way home :angry: called the Freakin Frog. Apparently has over 900 beers!

We got married there, 2yrs ago,

stayed in the stratosphere :yuck: but you have to go up the tower!, janice went on the rides, honest i had to take pics so couldnt go ont them :scare:

other highlights, included finding the GM Demo arena out the back of the monte carlo?. 10 dollars got you a go in 4x4, big black H2 Hummer, us and a go round the lap in a some quicker ones, vette, gto (monaro)!

Definately do the helicopter, we went with papillon, early morning before it got to hot, and breakfast in the canyon

Dave

Well I got george Micheal to come to me for my GF birthday at The birchwood pub... beat that!

Well... he was parked outside the pub not sure what he was doing

Funnily enough Louis was with him, I tapped on the window, and took this picture

5-15-2006-GeorgeMichael-header.jpg

I did the copter tour of Hover and the Canyon, landed in the bottom for Champagne lunch.

If you are heading up the strip take the first main right after the luxor and find the gun store down the road.

You can shoot a selection of guns for about $250.

Another tip for free drinks:

A lot of the bars have machines built into the top of the bar. The rule is that if you have over $20 of credit in them the drinks are free. I used to put $20 play one or 2 games when the bar man was around and keep topping up the credit when i wanted free drinks.

I went in September for a week - most amazing place on the planet!

Did the helicopter over the canyon and then landed in it for dinner. I did the sunset tour which the women seem to like!

Def agree with going to the club at Palms, amazing to be drinking so high up, bit scary when you look over the side though! Not sure it's clever having people drunk on a balcony ridiculously high up!

The main other thing I'd recommend is dinner in the Stratosphere as it rotates while you eat, very romantic if you're into that kind of thing!

I even smile while typing this, what a place! Also managed to spend £1k at the wheels during my time!!

Enjoy :thumbs:

Really really appreciate everyones input!!!!! Many thanks, and suprisingly on topic :lol:

Really can't wait now especially as I'm getting married out there :ohmy::teeth:

:lol::lol::lol: Not so flash now are you - pussy whipped :lol::lol::lol:

Really really appreciate everyones input!!!!! Many thanks, and suprisingly on topic :lol:

Really can't wait now especially as I'm getting married out there :ohmy::teeth:

That's quite something to confess online, Sarnie!

Congratulations. :thumbs:

Cheers boys :blush::D

We were getting married next year in a big stately home.....the Las Vegas thing was just a suprise thing for her......until she said it was her dream to get married in Vegas...........next thing you know I'm getting married in two weeks :scare::scare::teeth:

Best thing is, it saves me £30k...................more towards the Lambo fund :lol:

30k? :headhurt:

Thai brides for £1950. Bargain ;)

Seriously tho, congrats mate. Think Vegas is a great place to get married, esp if Elvis does the service uh hoh hoh :)

Yep, £30k :blush:

We have got the 28th August 2009 booked here:

http://www.barcelo-hotels.co.uk/hotels/ ... e/gallery/

With 150 guests venue costs alone were £21k........... :surrender:

To be fair, i can't wait now, gonna get married and then party hard till 7am :teeth:

I do hope the missus knows about that part of the suprise trip! :lol:

He is relying on the alcohol to play its part so she wont actually realise whats happening lol...

Sarnie is this the same woman you was with before or the mail order bride you ordered last year on the internet?

Been to Vegas 4 times now, first a holiday next three times with work.

But not keen.

V-Bar in Venetian is good, if you like live music the house are real good and free. Wynn is one of the best hotels also. The Luxor is now a bit dated but stayed there first as wanted something different.

Start the trip off with a meal at the tower Stratosphere. the hotel is crap and down market but the revolving restaurant is a great way to see the strip.

As with most other people the helicopter trip to the grand canyon is one the best things you can do.

Congratulations buddy :thumbs:

My Mum and step Dad got married out in vegas, not at the little chapel though.

Clint Eastwood married them, it was so cool, i have the pics but i am NOT sharing them as it was cowboy themed and there is no way you are going to see the pictures of me in chaps!

Jay - NO i did not look like i was in brokeback mountain! :lol:

Clint Eastwood married them, it was so cool, i have the pics but i am NOT sharing them as it was cowboy themed and there is no way you are going to see the pictures of me in chaps!

** Jay - get that Brokeback mountain photoshop pic up immediately!!!! lol **

** Jay - get that Brokeback mountain photoshop pic up immediately!!!! lol **

:lol: