Need advice/help on 370z nismo purchase

OMEGA

Hello,

Im new here and wasnt sure where i could post this but im looking for some advice about a new purchase. Ive always wanted a 370z and i went and test drove one the other day and put a deposit down on it but i did a vcheck on it and it all seems good apart from its had a new owner every year or so. Its a 2018 model so when i saw it had 4 owners i was a bit surprised and it only has 19k miles. Ive attached a screenshot of the vcheck report and i can provide any more info too. Its being sold at a seat dealer so it comes with 6 months warranty but should i be worried about this?

Thanks

image.png.3774604d1e649fe0c9a6568722eb2fff.png

Edited by OMEGA

Nothing concerning there at all, some people only keep sporty cars for a year before moving on. Just don’t pay top money for it if you’re planning on doing more than about 5k miles a year, as otherwise you might as well buy a leggier example. 

7 hours ago, Ekona said:

Nothing concerning there at all, some people only keep sporty cars for a year before moving on. Just don’t pay top money for it if you’re planning on doing more than about 5k miles a year, as otherwise you might as well buy a leggier example. 

I work from home so its gonna be a weekend/fun car really. Its £28k which i thought was reasonable for the mileage. Thanks for the reassurance though.

Edited by OMEGA

I can understand your concern there over the number of owners/car age ratio. Unfortunately, probably wrongly, it's put me off a couple of purchases in the past.

Ok yes, it could indicate a problematic vehicle, but as Ekona has said above, a lot of people tend to keep vehicles for a relatively short period of time. Could be for numerous reasons - boredom, "been there and done that" or financial to mention but a few potential reasons.

What model is yours? £28k sounds a bit steep for a 2018 Z, even a Nismo.    

Price is the problem. 

Low tax bracket helps but the trade are buying up all the April the 1st  2017 370z there's some great pre 2017 nismos but people might get stuck with them if they don't reduce prices how can you ask 27k for a 65 66 & 17 plate when there's 67 68 plates for less

The issue is ppl pricing 17 onwards at £26000 and above since I had mine back in 17. Up till now Its been around the same price. 

Due to older mk2 models going for over £20,000 and going back up. For the reliability alone it's worth the money....

Price is price. Its only worth what someones willing to pay!

The Nismos are slow sellers. It is what it is. Have to pay to play! 

16 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Price is the problem. 

Low tax bracket helps but the trade are buying up all the April the 1st  2017 370z there's some great pre 2017 nismos but people might get stuck with them if they don't reduce prices how can you ask 27k for a 65 66 & 17 plate when there's 67 68 plates for less

Just because Jonny Bravo put his convertible up for £5 doesn't necessarily mean Jonny Quests Coupe should be reduced to £5. Someone could still buy it as its happened before.

Some guy offered me £24,000 for my 17 Nismo back in 18. We buy any car paid £26000....

It's worth what someones willing to pay that could be more or less depending 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Haha 1

Don’t understand why you have to stir the pot on this forum on a regular basis and upset members  all the time and make your excuses showing disregard. 

Edited by Payco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pintopete58 said:

At the end of the day yours didn't sell it was up for 16k to less than 14k tatty wheels and damaged body work dream on 

Tatty! drama queen. My car was parked up yesterday for all to see....it cleaned up pretty well....If i had something to hide i wouldn't have showed up yesterday....Davey saw it......you sound like the guys in the German crowd. Mines better than yours. You can always powdercoat the wheels for me. Two need doing. Its not the end of the world as I still bought the car and drive it daily. Your showroom condition is still awaiting collection. 😉

Ive owned 4 Zeds all in good condition including a new Nismo. So i guess im lacking in knowledge 

You need to calm down and relax. Its not that serious. These replies are beyond a joke. But no ones laughing. Back on topic please. The op doesn't need your bullsheet. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

I can understand your concern there over the number of owners/car age ratio. Unfortunately, probably wrongly, it's put me off a couple of purchases in the past.

Ok yes, it could indicate a problematic vehicle, but as Ekona has said above, a lot of people tend to keep vehicles for a relatively short period of time. Could be for numerous reasons - boredom, "been there and done that" or financial to mention but a few potential reasons.

What model is yours? £28k sounds a bit steep for a 2018 Z, even a Nismo.    

Yeah thats the main thing i thought of. I think most people sold because its not cheap to run and for regular commute at a long distance the fuel soon adds up. The guy sold to buy a new seat suv so probably more practical. Its a mk2 white nismo if thats what you are asking about model. 

Edited by OMEGA

Plonkerpete strikes again 🤣 

The amount of owners would bother me slightly from a resale point of view, I was lucky enough to pick up a one owner Nismo with full history which I've kept going and I do feel quite fortunate with that

The mileage adds up though, seems like each owner has used it as a weekend fun car and then as others have said, gotten bored so sold it on. A question I'd ask is as it's been moved on regularly, has it been maintained? You tend to see people shift cars before service 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Olly350z said:

Plonkerpete strikes again 🤣 

The amount of owners would bother me slightly from a resale point of view, I was lucky enough to pick up a one owner Nismo with full history which I've kept going and I do feel quite fortunate with that

The mileage adds up though, seems like each owner has used it as a weekend fun car and then as others have said, gotten bored so sold it on. A question I'd ask is as it's been moved on regularly, has it been maintained? You tend to see people shift cars before service 

The dealer said it has full service history but being a newer car not much can go wrong yet its more down the road i guess. MOT is all passed too. Theres just not many with lower miles that go for sale anymore so i felt i had to go for it. I know the z cars are pretty solid cars overall so im not overly worried but it did shock me a bit. I just needed an outsiders point of view on it.

Edited by OMEGA

2 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Yeah thats the main thing i thought of. I think most people sold because its not cheap to run and for regular commute at a long distance the fuel soon adds up. The guy sold to buy a new seat suv so probably more practical. Its a mk2 white nismo if thats what you are asking about model. 

If it's not too late, I'd haggle down the price a bit.

You mentioned low mileage back up in the thread somewhere - how many on it?

17 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

If it's not too late, I'd haggle down the price a bit.

You mentioned low mileage back up in the thread somewhere - how many on it?

I brought it down a bit already it was at £29k originally, not sure i can do anymore. Its just over 19k miles on the clock, each driver only put a few thousand each time when you look at the mot, so it must have been a weekend car for most.

Edited by OMEGA
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I brought it down a bit already it was at £29k originally, not sure i can do anymore. Its just over 19k miles on the clock, each driver only put a few thousand each time when you look at the mot, so it must have been a weekend car for most.

Is it black, reg starting RV68?

Lots of pros and probably one of the best looking cars sub 30k the Nismo 

@Olly350z I digress. You get this from time to time. They try to get personal and make snide remarks. Getting overemotional for no reason instead of minding their business. These are supposed to be grown Men.