Hi guys I’m a new member! I’m after some advice…

Hi everyone, I just thought I’d introduce myself. I’ve been a massive fan of the 350z since I was a kid and thought it was about time that I went and bought my first one! I’ve got a few questions for anyone who is kind enough to answer? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys thanks for responding so quick. First question, I’ve been after the VQ35HR engine model but I’ve noticed it can be hard to find and a bit more expensive. Is it worth paying the higher price or not? 

Hi and welcome along buddy. The answer to your question really boils down to what you want for yourself. Anyone who owns an HR will say yea it worth it. Anyone who hasn’t will say don’t bother. They are just great cars for the money. Always put a smile on your face.

Welcome to the OC:wave:

Despite being a DE owner, I can't deny the fact that the HR is the newer/ better car.

But not so different that I've ever heard someone sell their DE to upgrade to an HR.

Go HR hunting, but always buy on condition.

Don't buy a dog of an HR over a well kept DE.

I've seen some members bag themselves some real DE gems with fantastic history/ mods/ mileage..

If you are free next Sunday, maybe even pop down to the British Motor Museum between 10am and 2pm to have a look at some.

It's our 20th anniversary meet with around 200 Zeds attending.

Have a look.

There'll be plenty of DE and HR owners more than willing to show you round their cars:victory:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

Welcome to the OC:wave:

Despite being a DE owner, I can't deny the fact that the HR is the newer/ better car.

But not so different that I've ever heard someone sell their DE to upgrade to an HR.

Go HR hunting, but always buy on condition.

Don't buy a dog of an HR over a well kept DE.

I've seen some members bag themselves some real DE gems with fantastic history/ mods/ mileage..

If you are free next Sunday, maybe even pop down to the British Motor Museum between 10am and 2pm to have a look at some.

It's our 20th anniversary meet with around 200 Zeds attending.

Have a look.

There'll be plenty of DE and HR owners more than willing to show you round their cars:victory:

Yeah that’s a great idea mate, I live in stoke on Trent so it’s about an hour and half journey but I’m more than willing to make the trip if you think it will be worth it?? 

19 hours ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along buddy. The answer to your question really boils down to what you want for yourself. Anyone who owns an HR will say yea it worth it. Anyone who hasn’t will say don’t bother. They are just great cars for the money. Always put a smile on your face.

Yeah that’s very true, I’m going to have a good look around and I’ll just go with the cleanest and best condition I think rather than choosing my based on engine model 

• Like 2