My WORX WG518E leafblower

HEADPHONES

Summer is coming😎

.......and so is the dreaded treesap.

I have to park under sycamore trees at work.

The amount of blossom and tree sap hitting my car at the moment is unreal.

Had a good clean Bank Holiday Monday.

After 2 days at work my car was a sticky mess.

Looked like someone had sprayed lacquer with my car sat 5 ft away covered in overspray.

Luckily it'd been coated in Soft99 Fusso a few weeks ago for Japfest.

So this evening I used a pump sprayer and coated it with Powermaxed Traffic Film Remover. Then just jetrinse it.

Surface was smooth and sap free.

As it was a quick  touchless wash I used my corded leafblower.

As dry as using a drying towel and just as fast.

Admittedly, from past experience water doesn't blow off as fast if the LSP is months old but I'll let the video evidence do the talking for this cheap blower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty lucky with my 2 favourite LSPs.

Fusso and Turtle Wax Hybrid spray sealant are very chemical resistant.

I've been doing touchless washes like this for a few summers now 

This was my first test lasting 6 weeks and 6 washes. I swapped from the Powermaxed Jetwash and Wax to Traffic Film Remover when it ran out.

Not much difference between the two the way I use them.

Here Forensic Detailing found some LSPs like Fusso are so detergent resistant even Fairy Liquid or acidic Wonder Wheels doesn't strip it.

Jump to 18:20 for his conclusion

I'm sure organic Carnauba wax would strip off alot easier with TFR though so I would definitely agree others follow your advice and caution before using it:thumbs:

Depends on the dilution ratio of the tfr also, no doubt you won't be using a strong mix only enough to break down the grim. 

Nice work fella, a tried and tested technique 👌 

Edited by davey_83

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 21:37, HEADPHONES said:

Summer is coming😎

.......and so is the dreaded treesap.

I have to park under sycamore trees at work.

The amount of blossom and tree sap hitting my car at the moment is unreal.

Had a good clean Bank Holiday Monday.

After 2 days at work my car was a sticky mess.

Looked like someone had sprayed lacquer with my car sat 5 ft away covered in overspray.

Luckily it'd been coated in Soft99 Fusso a few weeks ago for Japfest.

So this evening I used a pump sprayer and coated it with Powermaxed Traffic Film Remover. Then just jetrinse it.

Surface was smooth and sap free.

As it was a quick  touchless wash I used my corded leafblower.

As dry as using a drying towel and just as fast.

Admittedly, from past experience water doesn't blow off as fast if the LSP is months old but I'll let the video evidence do the talking for this cheap blower.

Late to the party here but why don’t you buy a car cover and pop it on at work unless you are concerned it may get stolen. My MR2 came with a storm force all weather cover and although I’ve never been a fan of covers it’s fantastic. I keep it on to protect the original paint from UV during the day and all the pollen and dust around atm  even though I had it ceramic coated. Just a thought..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Payco said:

Late to the party here but why don’t you buy a car cover and pop it on at work unless you are concerned it may get stolen. My MR2 came with a storm force all weather cover and although I’ve never been a fan of covers it’s fantastic. I keep it on to protect the original paint from UV during the day and all the pollen and dust around atm  even though I had it ceramic coated. Just a thought..

Putting a car cover on a dirty car is a poor shout 

Edited by davey_83

Incredibly impractical to wash your car in the works carpark, dry then cover it. Not to mention having to get there early, running water, putting a hose away maybe a change of clothes for the rest of the day. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Payco said:

I give up 

Don't give up, a better idea would be if it's really bad at the end of the working day with sap and/or fallout - on the way home if you pass a BP is to pull in and jet wash the car off for £1. Keep a spray bottle of your favourite pre wash in the car, sprits it over, jet it off and you're good to go. 

Edited by davey_83