350z versions, 2007 onwards worth it?

AssaTM

Hi all, I have read up on the differences between the different 350z models, but I wanted to ask everyones opinion from real world experience is it worth the extra outlay for a 2007 and up model or do the 2003 onwards models tend to suffice? Thank you!

Personally I think the extra money for a face-lift is worth it for the newer/better headlights, tail lights & interior.

Tax is half the price on a pre-facelift car, which seems to sway some people. 

HR's seem to be the most desirable and therefore fetch a premium, however the difference in power between the 3 engine variants is negligible. 

I had 55 plate de great car only about 280 bhp less trouble than the others from 06 Road tax can be higher depends on which month I think 600 + .revup some use oil some don't and that's about 296 Bhp Hr has the 370 engine that's we're it came from just up graded from 313 bhp to 328 

I wouldn't get caught up on power or performance differences, a 370z won't leave a early 350z (my dashcam bears witness) let alone the other newer engines in later 350z. I would get the best example your budget allows 👍 

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

I wouldn't get caught up on power or performance differences, a 370z won't leave a early 350z (my dashcam bears witness) let alone the other newer engines in later 350z. I would get the best example your budget allows 👍 

As someone who has owned both I'd have to disagree with that, for proof I have some footage of me overtaking an 992 GT3...

I currently own all 3 engine variants and have owned many more in the past.  I do prefer the looks of the HR facelift cars. Mine are not daily drivers si I  can't justify paying the £600+ road tax on the HR.  So for that my rev up wins and it gets taxed all year round.  Feels just as fast plus I am fitting the newer lights to it as I prefer the looks of them.  

Paul 

10 hours ago, P15UL T said:

I currently own all 3 engine variants and have owned many more in the past.  I do prefer the looks of the HR facelift cars. Mine are not daily drivers si I  can't justify paying the £600+ road tax on the HR.  So for that my rev up wins and it gets taxed all year round.  Feels just as fast plus I am fitting the newer lights to it as I prefer the looks of them.  

Paul 

Just to keep information correct, if you are fitting the newer lights it won't be a rev up engine. 

30 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

Just to keep information correct, if you are fitting the newer lights it won't be a rev up engine. 

Hi Davy......mine is as it's a GT4 35th anniversary which were the first cars that came with the rev up engine but still had the older lights and interior.  Obviously it dost apply to the general rev up models that came with the facelift parts.

Another point for the OP to consider is to be weary of the cars that were "older" but happened to be registered late and fall into the higher tax band

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, P15UL T said:

Hi Davy......mine is as it's a GT4 35th anniversary which were the first cars that came with the rev up engine but still had the older lights and interior.  Obviously it dost apply to the general rev up models that came with the facelift parts.

Another point for the OP to consider is to be weary of the cars that were "older" but happened to be registered late and fall into the higher tax band

Apologies, you are right I remembered the GT4 then forgot all about it even though it was a black GT4 I initially wanted.

• Like 1