Boxster/Cayman 981s or 987.2 next step, Life after Z

GranTurismoEra

13 minutes ago, Ekona said:

Sports Plus is amazing when you’re really in the mood, on the right road. The engineered-in extra jolt when the ‘box changes is subtle but brilliant. 

Have you got a YouTube video of that so I can experience it for myself?

;)

• Haha 3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I do like the Jag and have been researching them. Content on YouTube is lacking. My mate picked up an AWD Type R few weeks ago came with SVR wing and Cobra custom exhaust. A bit quieter and smoother. I have to say it doesn't hang about. You need over a mile of road to even bother putting a foot down. Sound system from factory (Meridian) is pants and needs work and only the V6 comes with a manual. 550hp plenty for the road. 20 inch carbon wheels. Nice car. Car was £35k. The dealers are barely dropping the prices on many cars so will wait it out.

6 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Can we expect to see you in one for the next Wales run? 😀

Im not sure tbh. I like the F type but I'm thinking keep saving and decide later. Power isn't everything which is true. I dunno if I'll make March lool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Personally I would prefer a 991 4s

My brother had the 2015 991 911 RWD carrera. All buttons well optioned very shouty. Acceleration is underrated.... Was £78k at the time the car was 2 years old. They're 40 to 65 now. Servicing cost him £1000 a pop. Skoda wrote it off... Nice cars but not on the cheap side. 

I suppose there's more urgency now to try diff cars with incoming restrictions lol. 

27 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

My brother had the 2015 991 911 RWD carrera. All buttons well optioned very shouty. Acceleration is underrated.... Was £78k at the time the car was 2 years old. They're 40 to 65 now. Servicing cost him £1000 a pop. Skoda wrote it off... Nice cars but not on the cheap side. 

I suppose there's more urgency now to try diff cars with incoming restrictions lol. 

Totally agree,I also love the 993 but I will probably stick with the Nismo 

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

They do have a lot of character. 

Worth a punt only live once. Hard to get bored of the Z though. 

A good 993 turbo comes with a hefty price tag unfortunately, probably the reason why I have never owned a Porsche.

Money don't go very far when you start looking at Porsche 

21 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

I only said it's what's I would prefer,I take it that you have owned both the cars that you just mentioned? probably not.

Owned? No. Driven extensively? Yes. 

You all know how much I adore 911s, but that was a silly comparison. Might as well say you’d rather have a McLaren F1 at that point, if we’re playing the prefer game 😂

4 minutes ago, Ekona said:

You all know how much I adore 911s, but that was a silly comparison. Might as well say you’d rather have a McLaren F1 at that point, if we’re playing the prefer game 😂

I'd prefer Jennifer Lawrence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ekona said:

It wasn't a comparison its my personal preference,if you read my post ,you will see that there's no mention of the word comparison.

So now I think you are possibly the silly person making those statements 🤣

993 turbo or carrera. I just looked and looks like the classic porsche from the 90s. Not many turbos for sale and it was a Gemballa

I'd be happy with Carrera NA or newer Carrera with the 3.0 As far as I know unless it's the early 2000s turbo s which are 60k plus the rest are 90 to 120k and new gens were 160k but now the latest are over 200k. Lol

Cayman and Z are similar bar the weight. So it might be a sideways step for most on here. Handling wise superior 1300 to 1400kg..911 can offer the power but not the same balance and handling. Suppose can't go wrong. 911 is 911.... 

Porsche host track days at their leisure. Just need to pay and spend a couple of hours there.