Replacement Engine

Lude

I messaged that one earlier Adrian and waiting for a response.

Short story is it appears to have dropped all the coolant due to a corroded pipe at the bottom and I left it parked for a couple of months. Tried to turn over at a later date and it wouldnt start. Garage have checked and says seized.

15 minutes ago, Lude said:

I messaged that one earlier Adrian and waiting for a response.

Short story is it appears to have dropped all the coolant due to a corroded pipe at the bottom and I left it parked for a couple of months. Tried to turn over at a later date and it wouldnt start. Garage have checked and says seized.

So you didn't drive it like that, you didn't run it too long without coolant, right?

I would try put it on a ramp or axle stands, remove the spark plugs, pour some oil and slowly try rotate the crank manually. Put some oil in each cylinder and let it set over night then try to turn the crank again. Might need to repeat several times before it will be free again or might not work, but it's worth trying considering the potential bill and that you're not doing the potential engine swap yourself.

See if you can find something similar to this in UK - https://marvelmysteryoil.com/collections/gasoline-engine/products/marvel-mystery-oil

• Like 2

Thanks all for the feedback.

I drove the car about 400 metres and less than 20mph. Then had it ticking over on drive before switching off.

Car has done 107,000 miles so was a bit shocked for it to be seized.

11 minutes ago, Lude said:

Thanks all for the feedback.

I drove the car about 400 metres and less than 20mph. Then had it ticking over on drive before switching off.

Car has done 107,000 miles so was a bit shocked for it to be seized.

Try what I said above, fingers crossed it will work! 

@ZMANALEX can you give him an indication on the price for your engine and shipping down South so he has an idea what to expect in terms of cost if his engine failed?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...