Replacing Xtrons aftermarket HU with Kenwood 5020DABs - but no sound help ?

MicktZZZ

Hi there, car when i bought it had an Xtrons aftermarket HU fitted all working OK, but it was crashing when asked to do too much so I have decided to change it, have bought a Kenwood DMX5020DABs second hand off Ebay, seller assures me it was in perfect working order when he removed from his car that was written off.

So removed Xtrons unit was was left with a cable that went from the 305z audio connectors (M40 main audio, M41 Bose amp, M39 SW controls) to 2 ISO connectors that fit straight into back of Kenwood unit. (pic attached), so im thinking I can re-use this as it was working Ok with Xtrons unit.

First problem I had was with power, at first it worked then it didn't I seem to have lost the GND, anyway reading up it seems I need a GND cable connecting to the loom as GND seems to be through audio chassis, im thinking it worked initially as I had the aerial connected which may have provided a GND.

So unit powers up OK but there is no sound, the speakers are connected via the speaker connections not the RCA outputs (although I have Bose), which is how it was with the Xtrons that worked, there was fitted what looked like filters inline with the connectors (pic attached) but same with this fitted or not.

I have checked the amp switch on is getting 12v (M41 pin 12), this is actually connected to the ACC, and measuring the speaker connections I am seeing 5V.

I have spent a couple of hours checking the connections against the FSM and the unit and I can't see anything wrong, if I put back in the Xtrons unit still works fine with sound.

Next option is buy the cables from In cartec Nissan 10, 6 and 16 pin 350Z and Murano radio adapter cable and steering control interface - InCarTec mine has got Bose but see that this uses RCA instead of the speaker connections, but don't think that would make a difference as I have no sound

I have tried just connecting a crappy speaker to the connections but dont hear anything either with the kenwood or Xtrons unit so not a good test

Any ideas anyone ?

TIA

20230202_131333.jpg

20230202_131322.jpg