New NI petrol head on here.

Hi from Northern Ireland. Names Laurence Cochrane Newtownards Co Down. Ex truck technician former serial modifier of Triumph Gt6s  CAN I JUST SAY THAT SECURITY CHECK ON SIGN UP IS HORRIFIC. Rant over. Just got my first Datsun 350 ZED 2005 track package with leather, probably retro fitted as the track package should be cloth WHO AM I TO COMPLAIN ? Car bought with prospective funeral fund from very close call bowel cancer last year. Twe EMERGENCY colonoscopies 7 months chemo. 2022 NOT A GOOD YEAR FOR ME. So glad to see the back of 22. Currently sorting the car out a bit removing horrid ugly carbon swirley @*!# graphics plastered over the car smoked lights FRONT AND REAR Underbody LED'S  BARF BARF BARF. Car needs new front guards which I have bought but not fitting till winter with a coat of galvafoid inside. Anyroads catch ya later on the flip side.

2 hours ago, da.murf said:

Welcome aboard. 

another fella zed owner from comber here. 

enjoy the car!

Thanks I am. Comber hey ? My car is matt black wrap usual track package stuff Rays, Red Benbros, Mesh grill, Underbody kit etc, so you know it when you see it.  Looking forward to test out that bend on the carigeway Ards bound. The one that becomes a corner at 130. I know from my pretty highly modded stripped out Triumph Gt6. Went round it much faster than that too regular on way home from work. ( No 155 limiter on that )  Been on disability a few years now. WORK ? did it for years did not like it. Except for the run home from Carryduff. Specially over the back of Scrabo. BTW Bit nuts. Noticed ?

3 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

That's a hell of a name ! ;)

Glad you swerved the big C

And you're very welcome to our club.

Thank you. The name Yeah, got that inflicted on me by parents. Named after a world champion ploughman aparently. NOT MY FAULT !

3 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Hi and welcome along buddy. Lets see some pictures of your lovely car then??

No photos as yet. Sill trying to rid the car of the UGLY Fablon fake carbon swirley carp stickers and de iluminated lights etc Pretty certain that garbage was easier put on than it is taken off. Watch out PO. Taste police lookin ya. Will get out with car and camera tomorrow.

• Like 1

Another Gt6 nut ? I have a wrecked back the last lot of years. Getting in and out of a GT6 these days NOT A PRETTY SIGHT. Crawl in. Roll out onto street. The Datsun 350 ZED,  I can get in relatively okay, getting out not just quite as pretty but I can do it.  At 6 ft 5 and 63 YO not a help specialy on a GT6 with cage and race Kirkey seats..

Edited by Laurence C
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laurence C said:

Thank you. The name Yeah, got that inflicted on me by parents. Named after a world champion ploughman aparently. NOT MY FAULT !

I was sure your name was 'Laurence Cochrane Newtownards Co Down' from your first post ... my bad ;)

As promised pics of me newly aquired Datsun 350 ZED 05 Track package WARNING pictures not suitable for persons under 18 or of a nervous disposition. Contains intimate pictures of festering mudguards. And the remains of PO's HORRID carbon Fablon graphics on rear quarters. Thing is, I do not really hate them on there, I can live with a while THEY ARE COMING OFF THO. They are nowhere near as awfull as he had done on guards, doors and tailgate those are gone.  AND Carbon fibre wrap on an aluminum bonnet REALLY ?

Was over in Comber today Da Murphs home town. Arseing about wasting petrol as its so cheap. A wee fella on the footpath gave me the Bat signal to light her up. Dropped to second and did. Question has to be asked. Who was the (63 year old) child here ?

2R0A9483.JPG

2R0A9486.JPG

2R0A9487.JPG

2R0A9489.JPG

2R0A9490.JPG

2R0A9491.JPG

2R0A9492.JPG

2R0A9493.JPG

2R0A9494.JPG

2R0A9495.JPG

2R0A9496.JPG

2R0A9497.JPG

2R0A9498.JPG

Edited by Laurence C

15 hours ago, Ekona said:

Didn’t mean literal

polishing, more like it needs a good tidy up 👍 I’m guessing the wrap matches better in person than the pics?

I fully admit car does not photograph well at all, the blackness screws with the cameras auto exposure. Had to adjust exposure in post quite a bit.   I KNOW !  HAND HELD LIGHT METER ON INCIDENT, MANUAL EXPOSURE ON CAMERA. Car does not look quite so bad in reality. (Gets a lot of looks / light flashes). being a bit dirty did no favours in pics either. The mismatch on bonnet ? This is wrapped fake carbon fiber.. I certanly would not have done this on what is actually an aluminium one.

Edited by Laurence C
Dodgy gramer

40 minutes ago, Ekona said:

That would explain the bonnet then, but bumper to wings looks off as well? 

Nope the match there is fine, even the tailgate matches AND ITS PAINT ! As I discovered while removing PO's dreadful swirley graphics. As said dirty and not good pics

Edited by Laurence C