Sway bars or coil overs first?

harrison140

I am looking for advice on what to buy first . Originally I planned to get sway bars this year but now I think I might be able to stretch to coil overs but not both. So which first? My car is a weekend/track car no long journeys . Also what spring rate should I get I'm not to bothered about comfort just the handling. Thanks in advance 

Coilovers as you kill 2 (main) birds with 1 stone, tailored ride height and improved handling. Spring rates will depend on type of suspension ie true or divorced coilovers. 

I have WAT Racing SC true coilovers and run 14/6 spring rates. 

645923614_IMG_20210524_131645036_HDR3.jpg.068a5a88ee3a42b9bb5556c25683867e.jpg.36b47668643694476899bfd1334a8d64.jpg

As shown before uprated anti roll bar won't make you go any faster. The chunky OE ARB's are pretty good.

I would go sway bars first and my choice would be Eibach.

Regarding Coil Overs are you planning on true coil overs all round or just coil overs on the front and stand alone shocks/springs on the rear like you have at present.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going for the Eibach sway bars first regarding the coil overs how much work is involved in going the true coil over route? I understand that some welding is needed but I can't find any information on it. Anyone know where I can find a picture or drawing? Also sorry if this is a silly question but is the welding underneath the car or inside on the towers?

• 11 months later...

I went with the sway bars last year big improvement I have now got some BC ER coil overs that are going to be fitted next month. I have ordered some toe/camber bolts as they are probably worse for wear is there anything else I should replace at the same time ? Thanks for any help