Anyone know this car?

marzman

Anyone know this car?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285096110734?hash=item42610d6a8e:g:h94AAOSwmPZjqxYa&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAkEXf2q81LjxMVrjrD9vqS3dMr2GcQydzPoo3RAjMw47a49kq8SyIZNsxo83pErfuBTGgjrZOcm4sUGebeS1sO5IZhHB4RUhaDlwxl%2FRmQTVnJn2zRpLLT%2BH8KUsUQ0rkat%2F%2FS9rNvDOxzfWDy3bu6A5PITsGx9fuEND0RqeXpiDARBHJFu9Fa9IPAfhGDq9J%2BA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6bp5o6vYQ#readMoreDesc

I've been considering getting back into a 350z for a while... has to be azure, preferably with a Nismo kit... i've been looking online for the last few weeks and just spotted this one.

I was interested until i saw it's off the road and cant be test driven, but i thought it was worth a post on here nontheless.

• Like 1

Appears to have been a track car for most of its life.

RJN and IES are extremely reputable engine builders and tuners.

Anyone looking for what appears to be a well sorted twin Turbo 350Z should perhaps consider this.

Lack of MOT would not worry me.

Definitely worth a phone call to get more history and perhaps a cheeky bid after viewing.

Does look like a special Zed.

Even cosmetically has alot of presence with the US spec N1 skirts which look so much beefier and meaner.......never seen them before in the flesh EVER😎.

Not to mention those wheelsB).

Would be fantastic if this works out to be the car to bring you back to Zed life:thumbs:

6 hours ago, docwra said:

Seems very cheap to me coupled with lack of MoT suggests underlying issues, its not driven anywhere in 5 years .........
Why wouldnt you bang an MoT on, let people drive it and take at least another £5K?

Probably because it is Sorned, and perhaps not insured which will prevent the vendor from driving to an MOT station, couple that up with potential emission issues due to lack of OEM cats, sticky brakes, flat battery, so probably does not want the hassle.

if I lived closer I would certainly be having at least a look.

Sounds like a possible bargain for someone.

I've pinged the seller a message, will see what they say.  Given the fairly cryptic advert i'm not holding my breath for a useful response.  I'll share on here if i get a response.

I dont think i want the car tbh... i've got a 1968 Mustang which i hardly drive because of the headaches of owning such a car... i just want a turn key car that doesn't require much thought... 

16 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

Probably because it is Sorned, and perhaps not insured which will prevent the vendor from driving to an MOT station, couple that up with potential emission issues due to lack of OEM cats, sticky brakes, flat battery, so probably does not want the hassle.

if I lived closer I would certainly be having at least a look.

Sounds like a possible bargain for someone.

Insurance and SORN arent a problem if youve got an MoT booked, it will need a battery and brakes freeing off before it goes anywhere and if nothing else it saves the buyer bringing a trailer to collect.

Regardless, it would be risky with standard one, but would anyone in their right mind buy a 600hp car they couldnt test first?
Id be half tempted myself for the lols but the moneypit potential is massive if its got serious underlying issues, also noticed its apparently only running piggyback engine management, bit weird for a serious money build like that. 

Interested to see what @marzman gets back, if its a runner and can get an MoT thats very interesting indeed. 

12 minutes ago, docwra said:

Insurance and SORN arent a problem if youve got an MoT booked, it will need a battery and brakes freeing off before it goes anywhere and if nothing else it saves the buyer bringing a trailer to collect.

Regardless, it would be risky with standard one, but would anyone in their right mind buy a 600hp car they couldnt test first?
Id be half tempted myself for the lols but the moneypit potential is massive if its got serious underlying issues, also noticed its apparently only running piggyback engine management, bit weird for a serious money build like that. 

Interested to see what @marzman gets back, if its a runner and can get an MoT thats very interesting indeed. 

You still require insurance cover to drive to the MOT station even if booked.

As said before lack of an MOT would not concern me whether 276 bhp or 1000 bhp.

Obviously my comments and observations are based on inspecting the car and hearing it running before any money is exchanged and also a bit more history of the car's past would be welcome.

Got some answers to my questions... i'm not going to follow up, but may be worth a punt if anyone's interested!

Q: Is this your car, and do you know any more about its history?
A: The car is jointly owned by myself and my son. Have more on the history if you are serious about it?

Q: Why has it been off the road for so long?
A:Mostly due to the cost of getting it insured taxed etc for a very few outings in the summer.

Q: Has it had much use on track?
A: We have not had it on a track, previous owner did some track days but we dont have any details from him.

Q: Are there any problems with it currently?
A: A sensor fault comes and goes, and we have noticed some white vapour from the exhausts, it needs good service and going over before being ready for the road due to being sat for some long.

Q: How reliable is it when on the road - does it need constant fettling given the mods or is it daily-driver worthy?
A: Never let us down, but its not a daily drive in my view.

Q: Do you have any interior or under bonnet pics?
A: Will be getting some photos later today as seeing my son who has the car.

Q: Should it pass an MOT in its current state?
A: With a little checking over first yes.

Q: Would you be prepared to attempt to put it through one before purchase?
A: No sorry.

Edited by marzman
  • Like 1

I don't see why you wouldn't least pay the £50ish quid to put it through a mot as said above at least it shows potential buyers what needs doing, however I would also be concerned by white smoke on a turbo, if its the turbo they are replaceable but just another thing to do but then it could be a head gasket or any manner of things could easily end up being a money pit

On 08/01/2023 at 09:32, Azurez33 said:

The last two  seems to be contradicting factors in reality, even if it failed very slightly would be worth the info for a potential buyer especially considering It’s not had one for so long 😂

Almost like he doesnt want anyone test driving it .......... 🤔

I'd risk a look if it wasn't too far away and had available funds, some people just can't be bothered to sell cars, yes some people are scammers but I'd say the seller in this case knows it's cheap, if it sells it sells if not he will sell it later when it's worth more.