HR Lights Copped for £200!

Jay zee

They work perfectly and what a difference!!

The indicator bulbs need a resistor but that aside, they're fantastic!

Oh, they had some kind of adapters on them. Can anyone identify what they are as they didn't fit my Z's plug (literally had a heart attack thinking they wouldn't fit😂)

I have my old ones up for grabs if anyone's interested.

Screenshot_20230107_163200_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230107_163211_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230107_163314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230107_163149_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230107_163141_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230107_163705_Gallery.jpg

What a difference, always surprised me Andy didn't buy these years about. £4500 on wheels and tyres but left the dates DE lamps. Wait till you go out for a drive at night!! Way more light output and the amber side lights are a cool touch. No idea about the plug sadly.

Edited by davey_83
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HEADPHONES said:

They be looking most excellent :clap:

Now get some clear vinyl wrap on them to prevent oxidation spoiling all your hard work!

Otherwise even the pants British Summers will have the oxidation back more times than Arnie and the Terminator franchise :surrender:

Over the moon with them😁 After seeing Davey's results I ordered some clear wrap the other day. You've actually just reminded me about it so thanks for that😂👍🏼

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, davey_83 said:

What a difference, always surprised me Andy didn't buy these years about. £4500 on wheels and tyres but left the dates DE lamps. Wait till you go out for a drive at night!! Way more light output and the amber side lights are a cool touch. No idea about the plug sadly.

More like £4800 without rubber😳 Trust me mate he forgot a lot more than headlights on this thing😂 but we're slowly getting there. Honestly can't wait to try them out properly. I've ordered some resistors to arrive tomorrow so hopefully get to see the indicators work🤞🏼 If anyone complains I'll just stick a BMW badge on, I'm sure they'll understand. Christ I've had better light come out my phone than the DE's😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You can buy switch back LED indicator bulbs that do not need a resistor wiring in. I did on my Nismo and they work perfectly and are super bright 

I remember HR headlights to me DE, then got the bonnet. Night and day visual improvement 

IMG_20180610_113535_116.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, rodgeevans said:

They look like 6 pin to 8 pin adaptors they save you rebuilding the connector if you had a DE with 6 pin and want to fit HR lights which usually have 8 pin I think the 2 extra pins were for auto levellers as some models didn't have them

So that's what they are! Thank you

42 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

You can buy switch back LED indicator bulbs that do not need a resistor wiring in. I did on my Nismo and they work perfectly and are super bright 

I remember HR headlights to me DE, then got the bonnet. Night and day visual improvement 

IMG_20180610_113535_116.jpg

Damn I thought the switch backs didn't work in these🤦🏽‍♂️ BTW that Z is bloody phenomenal!

Yeah they do, you just need to find the right bulbs. First set I bought hyperflashed so sent them back, second set from a different supplier work perfectly front and rear. Quite literally plug and play, and it sounds stupid, but they take years off the car cosmetically. 

I now cannot unsee incandescent indicator bulbs, they look so ugly with that slow flash on/off. The LED is so crisp and sharp. 

Thanks, I miss that car alot sometimes. Just wish she wasn't quite as old when I got her! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Olly350z said:

Yeah they do, you just need to find the right bulbs. First set I bought hyperflashed so sent them back, second set from a different supplier work perfectly front and rear. Quite literally plug and play, and it sounds stupid, but they take years off the car cosmetically. 

I now cannot unsee incandescent indicator bulbs, they look so ugly with that slow flash on/off. The LED is so crisp and sharp. 

Thanks, I miss that car alot sometimes. Just wish she wasn't quite as old when I got her! 

You wouldn't remember the name of the brand would you? Does the white light in the switch back run constantly then turn amber when signalling?

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Ta damn, T20 fitment same as the fronts

Jesus they're miles better man! I've been looking at the full led strip some people run. Watching some on Ali express atm. I'll probably set the car on fire with my wiring though🤓

Screenshot_20230107_220319_AliExpress.jpg

That video Davey posted is exactly what mine looked and operated like, miles better. Personally I hate those LED strip lights, so I kept my eyes out for a set of depo clear rear units. Got them, got LED indicators, reverse and fog lights and bam all wired up looking great. 

IMG_20180207_072857_482.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Olly350z said:

That video Davey posted is exactly what mine looked and operated like, miles better. Personally I hate those LED strip lights, so I kept my eyes out for a set of depo clear rear units. Got them, got LED indicators, reverse and fog lights and bam all wired up looking great. 

IMG_20180207_072857_482.jpg

Why am I just finding out now that there's clear lights🤩 Clears with LED's it is! Thanks for that!

On 15/01/2023 at 09:40, Olly350z said:

Did you remove the little square inside the headlight so you could fit the LED or did you find the right size bulbs? Have you got a link?

literally coming on to post this lol got this on my to do list as the little square on mine is very yellow now lol