Decat advice

dillan

Looking to change my whole stillen exhaust system with a japspeed decat/test pipes and isr exhaust. Heard somewhere that i will have to get a tune after doing the Decat otherwise the car will run either dangerously lean or rich? Some people have also said that it’s fine and the car won’t require a tune. Whats the verdict, will i need a tune or not after decats?

45 minutes ago, Coz@TORQEN said:

A map is advised as the car will compensate for the extra fuel making it run rich. You can run them without a map, no problem but it is highly advised. You might also see an engine management light which can be corrected with the map too. 

Would a map be urgent? thinking of doing the decat in early december and then getting it mapped mid january. If i dont get it mapped straight away after doing the decat would this be damaging to the engine or would running it for this amount of time be okay?

2 hours ago, dillan said:

Would a map be urgent? thinking of doing the decat in early december and then getting it mapped mid january. If i dont get it mapped straight away after doing the decat would this be damaging to the engine or would running it for this amount of time be okay?

It'll be okay for that amount of time. 

• Like 1