Installing a new radiator

Mickyd

Hey all this is my first post on here as iv just got myself a 350z. 

Quick rundown I don’t have any Experience in modding/installing new parts to cars so this is my first time trying 😂.
But I want to try and do this myself as it’s kind of a project for me.

I’m looking to install a new radiator and a new oil cooler to my 2004 350z.

What I want to know, if I was to do this, is there anything else I’ll need to get aka parts or other components to make this effective. 

If I’m going to fit a new oil cooler and radiator, would it be beneficial to get new fans as well to go with it.

If so how complex is it to change al these on a driveway being jacked up. 
1 - 10 on a difficulty scale.

If you have any tips or tricks I’d be greatly appreciative. 

thanks all.

781B90A2-DCF3-4C72-92D7-7D3CEDCD702D.jpeg

• Like 1

Neither are a hard job, there are excellent videos on YouTube which cover both. Just be mindful not to over torque your oil cooler fittings (especially the sandwich plate adaptor ones), perhaps think about fitting an oil temperature sensor in the adaptor plate at the same time while you’re there and an oil temperate gauge (if you want to do track stuff it’s good to know). 

Worth replacing radiator hoses while you’re there as if they’re original they’ll be tired. 

The oil cooler lines are finicky to route well, I found zip ties, foam tape and conduit essential to make sure they’re secure, routed well and aren’t going to rub through on anything. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RyanT said:

Neither are a hard job, there are excellent videos on YouTube which cover both. Just be mindful not to over torque your oil cooler fittings (especially the sandwich plate adaptor ones), perhaps think about fitting an oil temperature sensor in the adaptor plate at the same time while you’re there and an oil temperate gauge (if you want to do track stuff it’s good to know). 

Worth replacing radiator hoses while you’re there as if they’re original they’ll be tired. 

The oil cooler lines are finicky to route well, I found zip ties, foam tape and conduit essential to make sure they’re secure, routed well and aren’t going to rub through on anything. 

The ones I’m thinking on getting has that all with it so should work, would you recommend getting a radiator cooler fans to go along side the new radiator. 

On 17/09/2022 at 21:34, Mickyd said:

The ones I’m thinking on getting has that all with it so should work, would you recommend getting a radiator cooler fans to go along side the new radiator. 

I can argue it both ways - On one hand there is no reason not too, especially while you’re in there. But on the other, it’s not like the stock fans are lacking, my water temp is rock solid regardless of what I’m doing. 

I’d probably not worry, unless you have money to burn and like shiny things. 

I try generally try keep as much OEM as possible for reliability reasons.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RyanT said:

I can argue it both ways - On one hand there is no reason not too, especially while you’re in there. But on the other, it’s not like the stock fans are lacking, my water temp is rock solid regardless of what I’m doing. 

I’d probably not worry, unless you have money to burn and like shiny things. 

I try generally try keep as much OEM as possible for reliability reasons.  

Nice one thanks bro, I wasn’t going to cos of the faf and money so I’ll just stick to the original plan. Thanks for the help. 
much appreciated ✔️

Edited by Mickyd