370z Nav - AUX Parking Break and Motion Lock for use with AndroidAuto

Swissh

Hello,

I did this mod a while back to get a raspberry pi to stay on the screen whilst driving as i had set up android auto on it. It worked fine during testing with the car parked, then when I thought I was good to go, the car cut the video feed for safety. This is a safety feature to stop people being distracted whilst driving but i wanted to use everything androidauto has to offer. After some digging around in the wiring diagrams I found what I needed to do.

This is for cars with the built in Nav system.

Went through the service manuals HERE and found out what needs to happen, this plus a G37 video on youtube doing the same thing but totally different cables. HERE

I've attached pictures if anyone is interested in doing the same. Ignore the colour codes on the manual they don't match my Nismo 2016 but the pin layout is the same. You have to cut one cable and earth it then remove 1 pin from a connector then everything works whilst in motion.

r/370z - Bypass the AUX Parking Break and Motion Lock for use with AndroidAuto

PIN OUT FOR THE CONNECTOR

THE CONNECTOR AND MY EARTHING SOLUTION

EARTH AND REMOVED PIN LOCATIONS

The blue wire is the motion detector, the purple wire is the parking brake. Disconnect the motion detector, ground the parking brake sensor wire and DONE.

This does not affect the parking brake sensor on the dash, only for the media player.

Edited by Swissh
Changed title to show 370z Nav

• Swissh changed the title to 370z Nav - AUX Parking Break and Motion Lock for use with AndroidAuto