Introducing Carla Cayman

The Bounty Bar Kid

So she's more than I expected, even from my limited drive. Handles and sounds better than a 350z by far, obviously. Even the Bose sound system is miles above the 350z one.

Just need to wait for the brake squeaking to go once they've bedded in.

Dashcam gets installed next week Saturday and already has tracker installed, just need to activate & pay for subscription with Vodafone.

Yep, need to wait for the brakes to bed in then I can properly have some fun. It's funny how the last time I drove my 350z was back in 2016. Since then I had been driving a 1.4 Peugeot 206, a 1.8 MX-5 nb, a 1.6 Nissan Qashqai, then a 1.2 Renault Clio 8v. But getting back into something this powerful has felt natural. It's so effortless.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Yep, need to wait for the brakes to bed in then I can properly have some fun. It's funny how the last time I drove my 350z was back in 2016. Since then I had been driving a 1.4 Peugeot 206, a 1.8 MX-5 nb, a 1.6 Nissan Qashqai, then a 1.2 Renault Clio 8v. But getting back into something this powerful has felt natural. It's so effortless.

Don’t wait for them to bed in, go out and do some progressively bigger stops and then let them cool off, repeat, and you’re all bedded in.

• Like 1

Morning peeps,

Expensive weekend. Yesterday I had a Blackvue DR900X-2CH Plus 4K Inc Neo 8+ Battery Pack installed.

I also ordered the following...

Front luggage liner

99104400010.jpg.8e309fd36e9980c66cc7f853dbf8143c.jpg

Rear GTS lights

98104490000_LR.jpg.4e19cd1cfbda3a1a5053ac28960a30c1.jpg

Porsche Guards Red seat belts

Screenshot_20220911-101012.png.37a231f0ab56ee5bccf4de2a6d72ac56.png

19"Boxster S alloys with Michelin PA4 tyres

Screenshot_20220911-100443.png.755eac1a93bc809512b8ca5d0c12e1e4.png

19mm impact socket sleeved to help protect alloys and nuts

Loads of new cleaning stuff (cloths, snow foam shampoo, snow foam blaster, alloy cleaner, wheel brushes)

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
  • Like 3

Next week Monday, although will probably have to be rearranged due to the Queen passing away 😢 and that day now being a public holiday, having the rear windows and  windscreen tinted.

I'm also waiting on Sextons London to get back to me as to when they can fit the Android auto mod to my existing pcm system.

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stutopia said:

Car looks great and nice rims!

I've always fancied these, fill the GT4 text and paint match and I slipped one of these in my shopping bag too.

Had a look at the side vents and not for me. Stick out a bit too much. Would look good with the gt4 rear wing IMO. I like the ducktail idea, would like to see what it looks like painted to really see if it floats my boat.

4 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Had a look at the side vents and not for me. Stick out a bit too much. Would look good with the gt4 rear wing IMO. I like the ducktail idea, would like to see what it looks like painted to really see if it floats my boat.

Well, if you insist…

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This isn’t a great showcase, I just really like it.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

I don't know... Maybe something to do once I see it in real life. Or maybe I need to do some hunting of my own for pictures that give me a better idea of what it looks like.

I’ll work on you more when I come to sell her :lol: 

Best thing with the pop up wing is that it’s a bolt on, so it’s a doddle to go back to OEM.

• Haha 1

So so far here is my cost analysis...

Total spent £41,750 to buy car,

£6,150 on other bits listed in this post but not everything, yet.

Screenshot_20220917-203023.png.f8dd8c9e015cf24bb78ac15fd282459b.png

Total spend £47,900

Yes @StutopiaI could have bought a GTS by now, but I can't seem to find one that I liked. This way I get what I want with the fun of customising. I can get the GTS power and some with some engine mods. I definitely picked a great base to start with.

MPG with my 350z HR was 19.89 (average over 4 years of ownership) with Carla currently at 32.09 but I have been taking it easy ATM. That's using figures from my app not the car itself, so 100% accurate.

• Like 1