What does this button do (next to heated seats)?

Osakakev

Its aftermarket... could be anything.  Possibly rear fog light which is non standard on JDM cars and is added aftermarket when imported as part of the SVA (legal process to register it on the road).  That said, the fog light switch is usually mounted to the right of the steering wheel, by your knee...

Edited by marzman

That’s where I’ve put my button to intercept the yaw sensor (that may / may not be the right thing exactly) which essentially fully disables the traction / stability control which I use for track. When you flick it on, do a couple of dash lights appear? 

Edited by RyanT

Oh, could be but the button just lights up and the rear of the car buzzes, nothing on the dash.

I do suspect however that the traction control is off and lights are blanked out. When starting the car no traction control lights appear, the abs fuse was snipped (now replaced) and the VDC switch is very loose. Unfortunately I need to take the dash off to get at it as roll cage is in the way!!

I expected the yaw sensor to be disconnected but doesn't appear so, from the picture below does it look like it's altered?

Thank you very much!

IMG_20220724_141024.jpg

IMG_20220724_140354.jpg

Having no idea about your car's history but if it were used for drifting/racing and given the buzzing noise from the rear, maybe a separate electric fuel pump to boost the supply?  I recall from my competition days many, many moons ago, that was quite a common/necessary mod. :unsure:

• Like 1

Oh good shout never thought of that! It was definitely used for drifting as it amongst others mods;

GT Wing, Roll cage, Semi locked Diff, ARC Diff Oil Cooler, Greddy Engine Oil Cooler

Any easy way to tell if it's definitely fuel pump? Turn it on and see if it's even more uneconomical? 🤣

It probably wasn't the wisest choice for a daily commuter lol

1 hour ago, Ebized said:

Having no idea about your car's history but if it were used for drifting/racing and given the buzzing noise from the rear, maybe a separate electric fuel pump to boost the supply?  I recall from my competition days many, many moons ago, that was quite a common/necessary mod. :unsure:

More likely to be an pump for the diff oil cooler TBH, has it got a diff radiator fitted? ETA: yep, just seen youve mentioned it in spec. 
Very unusual for people to run a secondary fuel pump, much easier just to buy a bigger primary one ;) 

If it was used for drifting (which with those mods Id be amazed if it wasnt) then Id be very surprised if its still got working TC, I chopped mine off ASAP and enjoyed the car much more :lol: 

5 hours ago, Ebized said:

Good shout Colin: :thumbs:

A secondary lift pump on the L/H side of the tank is a must as fuel starvation will always occur on hard right handers as the fuel will surge away from the OEM fuel basket.

I require this set up for 350Z circuit use.

A very common issue.

More here:  https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-products/z1-motorsports/z1-motorsports-fuel-anti-starvation-kit-p-9558.html

16 hours ago, ZMANALEX said:

A secondary lift pump on the L/H side of the tank is a must as fuel starvation will always occur on hard right handers as the fuel will surge away from the OEM fuel basket.

Cant see why youd want to switch it on and off though, surely you just run a constant dual pump system?

@Osakakev, if its the diff cooler you should be able to hear the difference switched on and off when lying under the car, or at least feel the pump doing its thing. If it was a second fuel pump it would be in the tank somewhere so should be pretty obvious :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, docwra said:

Cant see why youd want to switch it on and off though, surely you just run a constant dual pump system?

Due to the design of the saddle fuel tank if you had the N/S/R lift pump running all the time it would soon burn out once the fuel had been transferred to the other side of the tank.

A pump running with no fluid to transfer is not a good plan.

There are 2 ways to control the lift pump, one is by fitting an on/off switch and the other is to hook it up to your aftermarket ECU.