Falken 510 - Anyone With These On Their Z?

Loadmaster

New boots time in the next 800 miles or so. I've been thinking of going Falken 510, or the new 520, having seen some good reviews online and on a couple of other (non Z) forums.

They have to be an improvement on my Potenzas, which thank heavens are starting to wear and a good excuse to replace!   

Any opinions welcome!

Edited by Loadmaster

I ran those Falkens for about 6 years, and their predecessors for about 6 years before that and I'm still alive:lol:.

Only switched to MPS4S for improved wet grip. Never really reached the limits of the Falkens in the dry as I don't push the Zed that hard and never track her.

Saying that even MPS4S don't defy physics and will let go of you punch it in the wet when overtaking suddenly.

• Like 2

If you potter around then the Falkens will be fine. If you drive your car properly you WILL notice the difference from better tyres. 

You’ll also get ridiculous mileage out of the MP4 range: I’ve still no idea how my current rears are now approaching 20k miles with plenty of life left :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

Mps4 all the way for me

It'll probably turn out that way Paul, particularly with the mileage that some owners say that they achieve.

But just exploring other options beforehand.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pintopete58 said:

Is your car an everydayer .

If so  then things  are  so different to garage queen's like mine. 

And shortpaul so a grand on tyers is a waste of money. 

Sorry Paul

Nope, it's not my daily driver.

And I'm just after real world opinions, whether they're daily drivers or not. Tyres still matter whether they're doing 500, 5000 or 50,000 per year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pintopete58 said:

Sorry 

Edited by ShortPaul

2 hours ago, pintopete58 said:

Sorry Paul

You car your choice mate. Some would say a grand on rims or an exhaust is a waste of money. Imho brakes and tyres are your life and therefore if you can justify spending money on any part of your car it’s these two things ahead of anything else. Talking of fences I painted mine today.😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've run falken fk510 on my old 370Z with no issues at all very good grip levels in wet and dry. My new zed has michelin tyres on and the grip levels are awesome. Not had the pleasure of driving her in the wet yet, but I am sure I will do soon enough.

Edited by Andy_Muxlow
  • Like 3

I used to run falken 510s on mine never had any issues, fair price for the quality, they did good for me on the wet and dry and held well whilst round the corners. Got a fairly good mileage out of them also but maybe not as good as some other tyres but hey ho. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/07/2022 at 23:38, Payco said:

You car your choice mate. Some would say a grand on rims or an exhaust is a waste of money. Imho brakes and tyres are your life and therefore if you can justify spending money on any part of your car it’s these two things ahead of anything else. Talking of fences I painted mine today.😂

Talking of fences, tyres are the main thing that can stop you going through one :lol:

Im with you, money on tyres before anything else. But any good brand be it Falken, Michelin, Continental will all do the job, just dont risk the cheapo melted canoe crap and you will be fine :thumbs:

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Willsy1980 said:

Talking of fences, tyres are the main thing that can stop you going through one :lol:

Im with you, money on tyres before anything else. But any good brand be it Falken, Michelin, Continental will all do the job, just dont risk the cheapo melted canoe crap and you will be fine :thumbs:

This. 

We sell plenty of falken tyres to our customers and they are a perfect good choice to go for. Any tyre will let go in the wet or dry if you drive them hard enough. 

Certain types of falkens are actually some of the quietest tyres for sale, which let's not lie, a 370z needs all the help it can get with tyre and road noise 😉 

5 hours ago, Olly350z said:

This. 

We sell plenty of falken tyres to our customers and they are a perfect good choice to go for. Any tyre will let go in the wet or dry if you drive them hard enough. 

Certain types of falkens are actually some of the quietest tyres for sale, which let's not lie, a 370z needs all the help it can get with tyre and road noise 😉 

Having weighed up opinions here and elsewhere, I've ended up choosing between the Falkens (which I'm actually curious to try anyway, having never fitted a car with them) or going with one of the MPS "family", which I'm familiar with from other cars.

Olly, I gather from your message that you're in the trade - I'd be happy with the F510s, but is the F520 out yet? 

9 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

Having weighed up opinions here and elsewhere, I've ended up choosing between the Falkens (which I'm actually curious to try anyway, having never fitted a car with them) or going with one of the MPS "family", which I'm familiar with from other cars.

Olly, I gather from your message that you're in the trade - I'd be happy with the F510s, but is the F520 out yet? 

For my sins I am in the trade 🤣 not that it counts for much when people rarely seem to listen 🤣 no news on when the F520 is out yet with my supplier, however there seems to be a national tyre shortage as getting new tyres is a massive pain in the arse lately. 

I've been happy with the eco falkens fitted to my personal car, girlfriends audi and so on. The Bridgestones fitted to my nismo are wearing low so I'll be looking in the future 

• Like 1