spotted for sale

stevezzz

In my opinion it is well priced...I haven't seen anything with such low miles in ages

As to service stamps...what in the world do you guys expect when it's only done 9k miles :lol:

I just hope some of the messages above are pure banter rather then opinions as that will be embarrassing 🙄

• Like 1

I'm not embarrassed by what I've written at all. Full history means full history, way too many people stretch that truth when selling a car. My nismo, 5 out of 5 stamps, 5 invoices, 5 services = full history. 

9 out of 18 is not full history. Especially at that price. Working on the service counter its not that unusual for people to do exceptionally low mileage and stick to the schedule to the letter, several customer's come to mind. Just say its not been serviced due to the low mileage, but that doesn't sound good does it 😕 

• Like 1

Think what Valy was getting at is, the vehicle on average has had a service every 1,000 miles. Compared to having 18 stamps which would have been every 500 miles. The difference will of had no detrimental effect on the engine at all. Exhaust, tyres, brakes and suspension components will have been checked annually as part of the MOT test.

• Like 2

Don't forget that an MOT is only the barest minimum road standard. A tyre at 2mm while not really safe will still pass an MOT. Alot of people get hung up on the fact that a car has passed an MOT its in good condition. 

Further compiled that alot of it is up to the individual MOT testers discretion, so what one might pass another might fail and vice versa. 

Thanks Dave, that's what I was referring to

I tend to service my car yearly and I do about 6k miles 

Servicing a car just because the years go by doesn't make sense to me...imagine changing the oil after every 1000 miles....🙄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, valy said:

Thanks Dave, that's what I was referring to

I tend to service my car yearly and I do about 6k miles 

Servicing a car just because the years go by doesn't make sense to me...imagine changing the oil after every 1000 miles....🙄

What about every 2000 miles like mine 🤣

• Haha 1

Granted for my own car, I would change the oil and filter every 12 months regardless of the mileage however it not a show stopper given the details from the ad.

Same money, I'd rather buy the above car compared to a vehicle having done 5k per year and had all 18 stamps in the book 👍

Edited by davey_83

The "old car + low mileage = crap/won't work" axiom doesn't really apply here as 9k miles at least means the engine has had a run in. Who expects 18 stamps with 9k miles? Madness

Edited by polaris
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, polaris said:

The "old car, low mileage = crap" axiom doesn't really apply here. 9k miles will at least mean the engine has had a run in, and who expects 18 stamps with 9k miles? Madness

Remember, as no doubt it will have been sorn for a few years so have it trailered to a garage serviced and trailered back 🤣

3 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Remember, as no doubt it will have been sorn for a few years so have it trailered to a garage serviced and trailered back 🤣

Most likely. If annually serviced (assuming it's moved a bit) then it'll be fine, could do with a good long run though to break in though if it's been sitting

Edited by polaris
  • Like 1

On 29/07/2022 at 15:05, DoogyRev said:

Nice! 😎 ..... but not £17k nice 😆

They sell primarily to collectors at 4star, have a look at some of their sold cars https://www.4starclassics.com

There have some very special cars there.

But yeah your right, no one would spend £17k on a 350z they actually want to drive; it'll end up in a sealed garage somewhere I imagine.

1 hour ago, HEADPHONES said:

@veeg33 sent me a story about a Zed left "in storage" in a HK underground car park for years.

Low mileage or not I'd give this silver example a pass........at £17k at least:lol:

Nothing a good jet wash can't fix 😆